How many fit intellectuals are there here?

Options
EricExtreme
EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
I have been into fitness for over three decades. However, my hobbies are radio communications, astronomy, archeology, and examining electromagnetic radiation, and I am a total Star Trek geek. I was always the "nerd" back in school, but I am a fit bodybuilding nerd. Who else has intellectual hobbies that people are surprised to find out about you?

Replies

• BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    oyeeyxjzti6n.gif

aw7sp617bq81.gif
  • joelo_1119
    joelo_1119 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Idk about intellectual, but people are always surprised to learn I’m much more than the “gym bro” I get stereotyped as, based on looks.

I was a fine arts and mechanical engineering dual major who ended up with multiple graduate degrees which I now (sorta) use for BD and contracting in the pharmaceutical industry. Avid musician and aspiring artist/photographer all the while.

Hell of a list you’ve got. I’m sure it makes for an interesting social circle if it’s anything like what I’ve experienced.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I reckon that I might have a skill or two….
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I reckon that I might have a skill or two….

You are the next comedic sensation...and..and,.. you sing unusual Christmas carols!
  • 95km90
    95km90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I’d say art and the fact that I’m into archeology and politics, I think though when they get to know I’m into archeology that’s what gets the most reactions since it’s very random lol
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    People get wide-eyed when they learn...

giphy.gif
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    People get wide-eyed when they learn...

giphy.gif

OK...Name said skills Plz. 😂
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Kinda of a science geek and music nerd (instruments).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well I’m a degreed engineer, I’ve read all the game of thrones books and I’m on book 4 of the wheel of time. And I’m a geek for excel spreadsheets with lots of embedded equations.
    Is that intellectual or just a nerd?
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Physicist here, I doubt I need to say more.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I read books. Nuff said
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I pride myself on being able to carry on a conversation on a variety of subjects. I can (and have) flow seamlessly from talking lifting weights with one person, to talking Harry Potter or Marvel with another, to the physics of orbital dynamics with a third. Cooking, religion, music, car mechanics, computer programming, literature, history, sports...

Just avoid politics or reality television, and I'm good to go!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well im pretty damn fit.....and just about graduated high school....so....yeah....im a pretty big deal....
  • thelissakaye5006
    thelissakaye5006 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m a biology geek. I work in safely pharmacology and love to geek out on anything animal/medical related. I work in the niche of where human and veterinary medicine collide. I also love all the creepy crawly things most people hate. Bring on the bugs, spiders, scorpions and snakes. ❤️
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am just gonna go ahead and boast. I am not unfit, and I like to cite scientific studies that I do not read so... yea
  • ryannxtlvl
    ryannxtlvl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Total nerd when it comes to nutrition. Not just a basic understanding of it but in-depth but how your body is effected by each macronutrient and what happens as your body breaks everything down. Would love to be a RDN but I don't have the patience for more school lol.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Today I used the word crepuscular in a sentence fragment. I’m pretty sure I win
  • ryannxtlvl
    Options

Today I googled crepuscular and now im slightly smarter
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    ryannxtlvl wrote: »

In the wise words of a late great MFPeep: be careful what you google. In this case it’s fine though 😂
  • ryannxtlvl
    Options
    ryannxtlvl wrote: »

In the wise words of a late great MFPeep: be careful what you google. In this case it’s fine though 😂

🤣🤣 i live life on the edge. I google everything.....with safe search off