Anyone else TTC while losing weight ????

Options
I just wondered if there is anyone else out there is who is trying to concieve while losing weight , i am currently ttc#2 and am looking or some buddys , i had an operation to remove a cyst back in March 2011 and had to have my ovary and tube on the left side removed aswell so now im only left with one side i realise how much my weight is gonna play a factor in helping me get pregnant again as it feels like now i have twice as much against me , if anyone wants to join me in a little group please feel free the more the merrier , hopefully we can spur each other on

Teresa

xxx

Replies

• ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    i was jus ttc may-july and my cycles were all over the place, short, long etc. i finally decided that i was going to try to lose to enhance my chances of conceiving. im on meds and decided that until i lost weight and had my bp under control no baby :cry: i dont know when i will be able to try again... probably after nearly a 70lb loss...
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I am! There's actually quite a few who are. There's a forum with women TTC and trying to get in shape before trying. Search for Fit for Future Families if you're interested :smile:
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ME! I have 10 lbs. to lose so that I can be a normal BMI....my weight is definitely working against me though. Ever since I stopped BFing and TTC again, my ovulation has been off....hours of research made me realize that my weight is working against me :(
  • treezuk
    Options
    Thanks for that website thedestar i have never heard of that ill defintly look it up , GL to you on your ttc journey im here for a chat if you want to talk are you ttc no1 ?

Itlane sorry to hear that you have been having problems concieveing , have you tryed for longer than may to july ??? reason i ask is 3 months is a small amount of time and it takes most women 9 months + , Do you have pcos or anything ? that could explain your irregular cycles you are right that is key to getting pregnant once your cycle are back on track you will find that finding when you Ovulate etc will become more easy to work out and it will hopefully happen sooner rather than later...

I tryed for my son (whose nearly 3) for over 4 years , i was about ready to give up when i finally tried some fertility drugs and they worked so never give up it will happen eventully

xxx
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am actually going to start # 2 this coming month...... Still want to lose 80 Lbs though, even if I am blessed and do become pregnant.
    Besides the weight, I also have against me : age factor (I will be turning 42 in December), I am 235 Lbs (5'8"), am on HBP meds and have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarium Syndrome).

Not giving up though !!

I became pregnant naturally with my 2 1/2 yo daughter when I was 38, with PCOS and weighed 230 Lbs. So I am considering my chances are still good ! Always the optimistic !

Good luck to all ! Feel free to friend me if you want to ! :smile:
  • treezuk
    Options
    Snowwhitekitty , well done on your weightloss so far 10lbs isnt to much hopefully you will do that in no time , it is hard to get to a place where you think ok its not my weight and its something else i used to always think it was something else with me and that weight wasnt the issue but after having my son and my bodys still the same as it was before him if not worse i kinda realise now that weight does play a big roll , i think its gonna be good that we all have each other to talk to and spur each other on there is nothing worse than feeling alone.... Have you had any investigations done or are you gonna ttc naturally at first ?
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me too. Been TTC for about 18 months actually, finally decided/realised that a BMI close to 30 wasn't helping. BMI now down to 25.3 (hooray), aiming to lose another 10lb at least.
  • treezuk
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Danielle , its good to know there is so many of us on here , i am glad to hear your fell pregnant naturally with your daughter did it happen quickly with her or did you try for a while ? my son is nearly 3 so not much difference in age to your daughter :) we started ttc~2 in july 09 cos of previous ttc issues got pregnant in june 2010 but m.c , they found a cyst took months to take it out was 10cm and had damaged my whole ovary so they took it away and the tube and left me with just the right side , now im paranoid about my weight and how its gonna make things worse for us so i wanna drop as much as i can and hope that it helps..... I wish you lots of luck getting pregnant this time around i hope it happesn for you soon

xxx
  • treezuk
    Options
    CJW6 thats fabuous news well done you :) i am sorry to hear that you havent gotten pregnant yet , what have you been trying i know it sounds like a daft question but after trying so long for my son i kinda tryed everything in the book when it comes to ttc to get pregnant , pretty much anything from green tea to cough mixture and soy tablets LOL (im not mental i promise i was just desperate) have you seen a RE/GYNAE yet ?
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks for that website thedestar i have never heard of that ill defintly look it up , GL to you on your ttc journey im here for a chat if you want to talk are you ttc no1 ?

Itlane sorry to hear that you have been having problems concieveing , have you tryed for longer than may to july ??? reason i ask is 3 months is a small amount of time and it takes most women 9 months + , Do you have pcos or anything ? that could explain your irregular cycles you are right that is key to getting pregnant once your cycle are back on track you will find that finding when you Ovulate etc will become more easy to work out and it will hopefully happen sooner rather than later...

I tryed for my son (whose nearly 3) for over 4 years , i was about ready to give up when i finally tried some fertility drugs and they worked so never give up it will happen eventully

xxx

yea i know 3 months is a short time. i just really drove myself crazy with the ttc, like no lie, i joined a site and became obsessed. i then decided it was time to back off because when af showed i was :explode: ive had u/s done and everything was considered normal. i am however going to get another u/s to see how much lining im leaving after each cycle...
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not currently TTC, but a success story to encourage you - I orginally joined MFP to lose weight to conceive baby #2. Before I made it to my goal - bam! Knocked up! It took 7 months. I'm back now to lose that baby weight, plus finish to my ulttimate goal, but this is a great tool to use to get you in baby-making shape :)
  • treezuk
    Options
    Ahhh i can totally understand TTC can get obbsessive i feel like ive spent majority of my adult life in a ttc loony bin and im still in it LOL hopefully once i have another ill be done with it all as its a very annoying thing ttc i wish there was an easier way , that is good that you have had an u/s maybe you should suggest getting some hormone bloods done just to check that there all at the right level something as simple as a thyroid issue or low or high prolactin etc can affect your cycle as can weight loss , weight gain and stress so it may be worth doing these tests before you think about trying again that way you can start on an even playing field if you kwim... i used alot of those sites in my time and some of them can become majorly obbsessive your right to take a break as you need one i do aswell

xxx
  • treezuk
    Options
    Not currently TTC, but a success story to encourage you - I orginally joined MFP to lose weight to conceive baby #2. Before I made it to my goal - bam! Knocked up! It took 7 months. I'm back now to lose that baby weight, plus finish to my ulttimate goal, but this is a great tool to use to get you in baby-making shape :)

That is great news hun , i hope that happens for me but i have so much to lose im kinda losing the will to live with it all , even when ive lost 30lbs before my Ovulation never came back , but last cycle my body tryed to O i had all the signs and posative ovulation sticks so i got a blood test done and it said i didnt O :( so i dunno if my body is trying to do something or not hopefully its a good sign , thank you so much for sharing with me , i will keep in touch with you if thats ok xxx
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Its easy to get obessive and stressed out, which in turn probably doesn't help.
    My hormone profile is pretty much OK, if I don't fall pregnant in the next few months now my BMI is normal-ish, it'll be off to gynae for investigations. Keeping fingers crossed that being somewhat healthy and losing the chub will help.
  • kindyteacher
    kindyteacher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am TTC #1. I have had some problems and also had a surgery but mine was to remove a fibroid tumor. I have been put on some hormones and other medicines and have gained weight with all of these medicines and am now trying to loose it. I am thinking that this may help with me getting pregnant :)
  • treezuk
    Options
    CJW6 hopefully it wil just happen the good thing is the hormones seem good and if your cycles are pretty regular it should all fall into place i think your right to give yourself a time frame thats what ive done every time weve tryed to concieve and then ive seeked medical help , all they will proberly do at first is repeat bloods , do an u/s and possibly an HSG when they shoot the dye around the tubes they normally do these just to make sure everything is clear and if it is they proceed onto either fertility drugs (with injectables) or iui but FX it wont come to that for you and your body will fall into line , lots of luck xxx

Kindyteacher : So sorry to hear that the drugs made you put on weight , i can understand how you feel my weight went up a bit when i was layed up after my op (6-8 weeks recovery due to laparotamy / C sect type cut) and all i did was eat and couldnt move but then i lost some and now i fell off the wagon and need to get back on , FX between us all and supporting each other we can get there , GL to you on getting your longed for baby xxx
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am! My daughter is 6 months old now, and my boyfriend and I have decided to try for number 2. I was pregnant at the end of July but had a miscarriage in August. I just recently had a LEEP to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. I was just told they got it all and can try to start concieving whenever I'm ready! :) But we've decided to wait until I lose 20 pounds so I'll be a little bit healthier! So that is all my motivation right there! Good luck!
  • treezuk
    Options
    Congratulations on your daughter , so sorry to hear about your procedure a friend of mine from a ttc website went through that and was told she could ttc as soon as she wanted to aswell but so far she hasnt been lucky which is a real shame after going through so much , i hope that when the time is right and your ready that is doesnt take long for you to hit the jackpot again :)
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, with my 1st pregnancy (MC) and with DS, I conceived on the 1st try...now, it's taking forever, and I'm assuming it's because of the fact that I was breastfeeding like 8 times a day and then weaning, and now my body's trying to get back on track...if nothing happens in another 6 months I will go to the doctor again-

I know I'm not **THAT** overweight, but with a BMI of 26.5 I'm not doing myself any favors, you know???
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started this week :) So exciting! I've lost about 25 lbs in the last four months, looking to lose about 10 more or so. I am dieting as I normally would, but I plan to stop trying to lose weight once I find out I'm pregnant. I've been on the NuvaRing for five years so I'm not counting on getting pregnant right away...but who knows, right?! I am charting my cycles so I can tell if I'm ovulating or not. Hoping it won't take long for everything to go back to normal!