Extreme Caloric Deficit

Options
2»

Replies

• rtlenton
    rtlenton Posts: 32 Member
    Options

A shoulder injury may not prevent leg day.

I'm certainly not lean, but that is the goal. I've always wanted more of a Brad Pitt in Snatch type physic as opposed to a bodybuilder type.

Funny you should mention legs; I've just added them into my routine.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited January 4
    Options
    Yeah 1600 is perfectly fine imo especially considering it's pretty much a given people overestimate the amount of energy the body uses over the course of a day. The worry comes when body fat is fairly low or single digit and with a diet that might be sub optimal, more specifically, not enough highly bioavailable protein and with little to no exercise, more precisely, a lack of anything weight bearing. Basically if your getting enough quality protein and weight training you should be good to go. I would personally allow for periodic maintenance to allow the body to take a break from the stress and every 8 to 12 weeks seems to be a number most people in the know seem to like. :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    rtlenton wrote: »

I'm certainly not lean, but that is the goal. I've always wanted more of a Brad Pitt in Snatch type physic as opposed to a bodybuilder type.

Funny you should mention legs; I've just added them into my routine.

Good! Female viewpoint here, but years ago I was convinced I was pear shaped and destined to be that way (just like every other female in my family that is overweight), however, after adding consistent lifting to my workouts I quickly discovered that was not the case. A good, full body weight routine may balance out your shape, too.
  • rtlenton
    Options

Cheers, I appreciate the feedback. I'll come back here in a few more weeks and provide an update. Again, I really appreciate all the advice from you and others.

• rtlenton
    Options

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    Good point. I hadn't been doing legs that much as they are already pretty well defined because of all my walking. I've been over 10,000 a day for about 3 months and I've been over 12,000 per day for the last few weeks.

I've also heard doing legs is a great way to prevent lower back injury, so lots of positives.

Cheers!