Why did I not think of this before? Protein shake idea

Options
I had some calories left and wanted to up my protein, so I put my protein powder in hot water and made hot chocolate. Yum! Nice to wind down with before bed :)

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted to try chocolate protein powder mixed with peanut butter and use it in a sandwich, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter chocolate sandwich.... that is genius.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of this conversation :)

Anyone tried choc pro powder with peanut butter in their oatmeal? Peanut butter oatmeal is my fav, but I haven't added the powder yet...
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered how it would taste hot. I usually blend it with ice or frozen fruit. Maybe I'll have the courage to try it in hot chocolate soon. Thanks for sharing.
  • dannaten
    dannaten Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes...chocolate protein powder is delicious in oatmeal....especially with a mashed banana and cinnamon! My favorite breakfast lately!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    i mix it into pancake mix so its not so empty on nutrients. sugar free syrup or low sugar jelly........ flippin YUM!!
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat oats with cinnamon, PB2 and chocolate whey protein powder sometimes for breakfast. I add a few chocolate chips for sweetness though. :-)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the brand of whey cooks when heated, so it'll clump up and get gritty. Same with in oatmeal. Gotta add when warm, not too hot.

But for sure, sounds tasty!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like to mix my chocolate protein powder with a little creamer until it's a smooth paste and then add hot coffee...instant protein mocha and a nice sweet treat to end my day (I drink coffee at all hours!)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with my morning coffee.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of this conversation :)

Anyone tried choc pro powder with peanut butter in their oatmeal? Peanut butter oatmeal is my fav, but I haven't added the powder yet...
    I did this today and it reminded me of those no bake cookies! YUM!