50 lbs to shed, 53 years old...it's time.

Options
Ok...Here I am...53 years old, female...frustrated, overweight, stuck...so...here I am...my goal is to shed 40-50 lbs. The most difficult part for me will be the first few weekends, filling up the time with something other than cooking and cocktails...not to say I don't exercise but a bike ride once, sometimes twice a week, isn't enough...so...here I am...and I need all the help, kind words, thoughts, suggestions, anything anyone would like to offer...also...need to weigh myself tonight...I'm pretty sure what I entered months ago when I first signed up isn't accurate...so here I am...glad to be here with y'all...cheers!

Replies

• SwtMelissa86
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • delplosing
    delplosing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat. 51, want to lose 40 pounds...and yes it is time! I've put this off way too long and my health, relationships, energy....all need me to do it. I've been dragging my butt out of bed each morning and getting on my treadmill, that has been sitting in the corner alone for way too long. I feel much better each day when I do it. So we CAN do this. Make it your job each day to take care of yourself.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 53, and I've been using this site for a few months now, with good results. Feel free to friend me, and we can support each other. :flowerforyou:
  • normsch
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck in your journey to a slimmer you.
  • Ekeras
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has helped me when nothing else seemed to work. It's hard and cumbersome in the beginning, but stick with it and I promise it'll pay off! But more importantly, aside from sticking to your calories, you need to exercise. While biking once to twice a week, try adding in another fitness regime and you'll notice a difference! One thing that was hard for me is to learn not to beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon. It happens! Life happens! As long as you know to get back up and try again - that's all that really matters!

Hope the advice helps! Good luck with it! Take it one day at a time! And if you have any questions, feel free to message me :)
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome!! You found a great place where you will get tons of motivation! It is easier when you do this with like minded people!! :flowerforyou: Add me as a friend if you like!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS- it's a journey- and you take it one step/DAY at a time.

I am 3/4 of the way to my "goal" of losing 50 myself- wanted to do it by the time I hit my 50th birthday, but some health issues
    screwed up that plan...and I almost gave up before I even started.

I'll cheer you on- feel free to add me as a friend.

It's been an amazing journey- full of ups and downs but SO worth it.

BEST WISHES TO YOU!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love seeing other people around my age on the same mission --- we can do it!!
    It just a little harder the older you get :) Feel free to friend me!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP. You will find lots of support and friendly people on this site. It is addictive. I have found that if I have a craving to eat when I don't need anything else, I can get on the 'puter and log in to MFP and read all the motivational comments, etc. and the craving soon passes. My biggest prob has been eating at night after eating 3 meals and usually snacks as well. Best of luck. Feel free to invite me as friend.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can totally do this.

You can kill a lot of time on here, trust me. We have many addicts of this site.
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    all the best and add me as a friend ....on the same path to lose and so far the scales are not tip tip tipping....let's do it !!! Good luck on your journey !!!
  • Tazzle22
    Options
    seems to be a few of us 50 and plus lol... I am another. I have over 70 lbs to lose ( recently put back on 40 lbs I lost a few years ago arrgghhh). Did not really think I looked that much different till I looked at some photos recently ...... ouch !

as you say ..... it's time. and that is something we must decide to do, not for others but for ourselves !!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Welcme and know that you CAN do this! Great site and great people here to help!
  • techymum
    Options
    Welcome - we are travelling the same journey! You will find this site very motivating, and realize quite quickly that you are capable of doing things you never imagined.

THe weight will come off - you can do it!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    welcome !!
    am 53 as well.alot more weight to lose but would be happy to friend you.if you like :)
    good luck
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I'm also 53. I have around 77lbs to lose. Still pretty new here (this is day 20). Friend me if you'd like.:happy: