Howdy I'm new

Options
At my heaviest weight I was almost 600 lbs, I've since lost 200 lbs but I'm starting to fall back into old habits. My dietitian told me to try this out. I'm hoping to eventually get down to my goal weight of 200.

Replies

• scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Loosing 200lbs is no joke! Good for you! Stay active in groups and you can get the support you need to stay motivated. There is a great group called Larger Loser. It is super active and lots of great people that have lost or are loosing a large amount of weight.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,282 Member
    Options
    An old boss of mine once weighed 528 pounds. I know because I asked him after he had lost a huge amount of weight. He was an all-around big man in many ways, not just carrying a lot of weight. Losing weight saved his life. Follow his lead!

Your dietician probably also told you to choose a reasonable pace and don't rush things. You've already lost 200 pounds, so you know what you need to do. Old habits are a bugger. It takes a long, long time to have new habits replace them, but they will eventually if you stick to it. That's the main thing - get a good pace and stick to it. If you have a bad day or two, don't let it get you down. Just dust off and get back after it!

Stick around and let us know how you're doing.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jack!
    Lost 200! Wow, that's great! Halfway there. Stick around. We all want to see you cross that finish line.