December 3rd

Options
So, december 3rd is the first saturday is december this year - which is the day my ju jitsu club usually has their annual christmas dinner. In training, all I'm ever wearing is a Gi (possibly the most unflattering thing a girl can wear). The christmas dinner is the one time of the year everyone from the club dresses up - outside of that when we go out we're all pretty casual people. This year I want to give them a surprise by looking a bit different to what I did last year.

Basically between now and then, my goal is to lose 20lb. Since its just over 10 weeks away I figure its definately possible.
But, i'd like some people to be held accountable to if I'm slacking.

So, what do you say? Anyone else up for losing 20 by december 3rd?!???

Replies

• BigIrishGuy
    Options
    I'm IN! Eamonn from Ireland here...
  • jaycurran
    Options
    :D Hi Eamonn. I'm Jay, also from Ireland :)
  • BigIrishGuy
    Options
    please don't beat me up! lol... Senior black belf? wow... that's brilliant!
  • jaycurran
    Options
    Haha friendly senior black belt :P Attempting second degree on november 26th...also why I'm looking to drop the lbs haha.
    Just read your profile - awesome reason for your goal like. Bet the docs will be well impressed when you dont need the surgery!!!
  • Gallinagordita
    Options
    I'm in. I would love to lose 20 by then and could use some extra motivation!
  • jaycurran
    Options
    Yeahhh, good stuff :) I figure all christmas dinners tend to be around that time, and thats definately something I'm using to push myself with lol. Glad you're on board :D
  • BigIrishGuy
    Options
    Hey Gallina!

Jay: the docs are going to get a shock when they see me next! 28 lbs in five weeks, they will be trying to work out if the scales is broken :)
  • jaycurran
    Options
    woah, they will indeed, thats a really impressive amount to lose!!
    Well guys, I'm gonna head to bed so I can hit the road running with an early morning trip to the gym :)
    Hopefully by the time I sign on tomorrow we'll have a couple more people on board :)
  • Gallinagordita
    Options
    Nice to meet you both. You sound so motivated - I'm excited!
  • BigIrishGuy
    Options
    Same as, night Jay & Gallina!

Lets get it on! (or off, maybe)
  • jaycurran
    Options
    Good morning :D
    No new starts over the night, but hopefully today there till be :)

I'm off for a quick morning work out, time to get the ball rolling.

Have a good day guys!!!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I will give it a go! December 3rd is my birthday :drinker: so would be nice to lose the last 20lb
  • peacefrog08109
    peacefrog08109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've got 20lbs to lose by Dec 15th which is my annual Christmas party for work. I'll definitely be down for some motivation while getting a little support myself.
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    Hi thats a great goal! my birthday is the 13th dec and im hoping to have lost at least another 14lbs by then if not more. ive been on MFP for just over 4 weeks and ive lost 11lbs.

There are some great motivational people on here and i know i wouldnt have lost the weight without their support.

Feel free to add me :) & good luck
  • jaycurran
    Options
    Hi guys, nice to meet you all :)

glad more people have jumped on board! :D

Have a good first day of the challenge :)
  • mandy5678
    mandy5678 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi guys dec 3rd is my birthday too & i've 20lbs to loose & i'm in ireland as well! nice to meet u all:)
  • BigIrishGuy
    Options
    I'm going to start from today's weight - so 30lbs gone so far, so my target is 50lbs off by Dec 3rd!
  • katsarayuki
    Options
    I'd like to join too, if that's okay
  • jaycurran
    Options
    Hi mandy and katsarayuki :) Great to have you on board!

Yesterday I weighed in at 205.4 lbs, and I've recorded that as where I'm starting this challenge. Just weighed myself and it said 204.2 lbs. I realise its day to day fluxuation, but I'm gonna record my weight every day at the same time, to keep myself motivated :) What way are you guys gonna weigh in?? I'l

We're all gonna look awesome by christmas :)
  • katsarayuki
    Options
    I do mine every monday. I only started a week and a half ago and my first weigh in lost 2.2kg which I'm still quite happy about. Slightly wary of the coming Monday though as I'm going out for Indian on Friday as a treat for me and my mum but gonna work my butt of to work it off.