Anyone on Ozempic

Options
Is there anyone who is on Ozympic and still struggling to loose weight. I have been on it (ramping dosage) for 7 months and have only lost about 20 lbs.

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    nbptirish wrote: »
    Is there anyone who is on Ozympic and still struggling to loose weight. I have been on it (ramping dosage) for 7 months and have only lost about 20 lbs.

You're struggling to lose weight... but you lost 20 pounds in 7 months? I think you really need to adjust your expectations. 20 pounds in 7 months is really as much as you can reasonably be expected to lose. Weight loss is not fast. Ozempic is not some kind of magic pill that's just going to make the weight fall off in a couple days. It just makes it easier to stick to a calorie deficit. It's still going to take months, if not years, to lose the weight. This is a lifetime thing (meaning you will be continuing to work on your weight until the day you die... even after you reach whatever you consider your goal weight), not a couple of months thing.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started a tread a few days ago and there are quite a few that are on this medication.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906244/2024-semaglutide-ozempic-wegovy-support#latest
  • mebranni9an
    mebranni9an Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am on week 11 and I have lost 26 lbs. so far. It really controls cravings and appetite for me. I am keeping 1200-1300 calories daily and I am not experiencing hunger.
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    nbptirish wrote: »

I know for many people Ozympic causes quick weighou Yt loss. However, my friend, is taking it and it's a slow weight loss for her.

SAFE WEIGHT LOST:
    In a perfect world, you'd lose 1 pound a week. For 7 months, if everything went perfectly, you'd lose 28 pounds. If you were losing a half a pound a week, 13.5 pounds would be what you'd lose in 7 months.

YOUR PROGRESS:
    You are in the middle---so you are losing about 3/4ths of a pound a week.
    It's slow, but if you are still losing, it is working.

THE SCIENCE
    According to studies, on a dose of 1.0 mg, the average person uses 13 pounds in 56 weeks (almost 2 months).

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
    Why do some people lose slower on this drug?
    • Your diet hasn't changed.
    • Your dose is too low.
    • You may need to be more active/exercise.
    • High stress/Lack of sleep.
    • You have a secondary underlying health condition. PCOS or thyroid disease can slow things down tremendously.
    • Your doses are inconsistent. Skipping or moving doses will slow things down.
    • Just like with any weight loss, you may have hit a plateau.
    • You may not eat enough protein steadily -enough. Protein keeps your blood sugar steady. A lack of protein can cause blood sugar spikes and slow weight loss.
    • Make sure you drink water.
    • Skip or limit alcohol.

NEXT STEP
    Talk to your doctor about options on diet, dosage, exercise, or checking for other issues.

Good luck!