Have you lost weight more than once ?

Options
Just curious as I have gained about half the weight I lost
Have you done it twice ?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Several times. But then again I competed in bodybuilding and cutting was at least once a year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    For sure... i lost all my weight five years ago.. and kept it off until this year. In fact.. it was easy to keep it off.. i was simply smaller.. and it was glorious. It ins't a mystery as to how i gained it back. I ate it all back and stopped exercising.. covid didn't help much.. but really most of the gain has been this last year.
    I feel pretty resolved to never regain to this point after i lose it this time. I also have noticed most of us have a regain amount limit. I've never gone over 30 pounds overweight.. i always stop and lose the weight at that point.
  • hazlema
    hazlema Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On and off, at my heaviest I was 320. (That was several years ago).
    Now i'm 247 and going down.

I think it's quite normal to start and stop several times.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    3 times in the last 10 yrs I’ve lost 20+ lbs and gained them back plus interest each time. This time I’m determined to lose 45 and learn to maintain!
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It is certainly a learning process every time we lose and gain lose and gain. We learn something. Just don't fall and stay down keep doing like that baby who falls all the time what does he do he picks himself up and try again and again until he walks in a perfect line. We can do this. We will do this.
    Linda in the great white Northern Ontario
  • Nessava73
    Nessava73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the third time I've reached goal weight. I'm now trying to live by the mantra that people regain when they stop doing what works, so don't stop. But also, if I do regain it again I have confidence now that I can lose it again.
  • lhagan75
    lhagan75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost weight and got down to my goal weight in 2014. Then- had a baby. With that came severe post partum depression. And with my depression I ate everything in sight. It was one of my only comforts I had. Then I got pregnant with my second baby. I actually lost weight during that pregnancy. But once again- motherhood, full time working mom, and life lead to more weight gain. I was finally up to my ‘highest weight ever.’ I lost 40# over the past year. I have at least that much more to lose again. Just trying to stay focused and keep my eye on the goal. I want to be healthy and active for my 2 kids.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!