100 day challenge #18 Monday January 1st – Tuesday April 9th 2024

Options

Replies

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi

Day 03-01/03 - 144.4 - Had a horrendous night, somebody on my porch at 1am, luckily I have my phone plugged in next to my bed (alarm clock) so opened my camera app, turned on the microphone and yelled "get off of my porch" and the guy ran off. After a few minutes I went upstairs (I sleep in the basement basically underneath the porch) and there was some sort of comforter, 2 pairs of pants, a glove. I threw those off of there and hastily put up yet more signs like "you are on camera" and attached them to chairs that blocked entrance to the top of the stairs to the porch. Needless to say, I got very little sleep, I was so disturbed. That porch is my happy place. Luckily I have only one job today instead of 2! Going to be tired.

OMG how scary!!! So glad he just ran off!! I bet the next day was hard bc your body was jacked from the cortisol and lack of sleep!! Hope there hasn't been a repeat occurrence.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I have a "grateful jar" that we add notes to through the year of things we're grateful for - and we pull them out and read them every New Year's Eve. This year there was I had written that one my husband pulled out to read which I had totally forgotten about that I wanted to share:

Jan. 7, 2023
    I am writing in gratitude to my future self for really focusing on her goals of better health and weight loss. My greatest hope is that when this is read on the eve of 2024, that she can smile with pride and say "You're welcome, past me!" And if there is more work to be done in 2024 - GET TO IT!

So you can imagine how exciting that was to hear after finally dropping 40 of the 50 pound goal I had set for myself!! I was beaming and my eyes filled with tears and I shouted "You're welcome, past me!!" And full disclosure - I faltered after writing that letter. I lost some, then gained it all back AGAIN. By June I was at an all-time high, about to hit the 230's. The moment that stuck with me was trying to find an outfit to go to a college friend's graduation party she was throwing for her son who graduated med school...and being in tears because nothing fit, even recent things I'd bought in bigger sizes. Something clicked - I needed to change, for real and for good. And that's when I found my current plan and finally started seeing results. I haven't been perfect, and I've had setbacks even since then, but have so far mastered the skill of getting back on track quickly enough so that any weight gains are eradicated fairly quickly. It feels a little like magic after so many years, but I was beyond grateful that when I heard that letter to myself I was filled with pride instead of regret!!! For anyone struggling - and we all struggle or we wouldn't be here - make this the year you make yourself PROUD!!! :) Your future self will thank you!!

Please do share your current plan, that is working for you.

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,885 Member
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    Nice to see new peoples joining us.

Donna, I've also slipped into a lack of enthusiasm / motivation. But recall a WW article where you think of your motivation level as the face of a clock. 12 is highest, 3 is slipping a bit, 6 is not really tracking, exercise is slipping, etc. 9 is just drifting away and this continues thru 10 and 11. However by 11 we realized we're headed for a shipwreck and get our act back together. So 11 is closest to 12, which means when we're at our lowest, we're also closest to getting right back on track.

Post Christmas I've slipped down to "5, 6 or 7"; weight is bouncing around 174 instead of 171-172. Do not want to get any higher so need to push back up to 3, then 2 and 1. This round of challenge WILL BE the beginning of my success story!

Dawn, how unsettling to have a midnight 'visitor'. Wonder if talking to RCMP would be of any value; they might have an idea of who it was. At times I wish we had a dog but I'm not into picking up poop.

Dawn, thought a bit about your predicument, and what about a motion sensor at your front porch, set high enough so cats etc wouldn't set it off; then what we did when we moved into a sketchy area, we put a copy of an alarm company's emblem inside our front and back windows ( neighbour had a ready supply :smile: )
    found this on amazon .. " https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Motion-Sensor-LED-Light/dp/B0BX4349GJ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=31I8BQFBY8N7M&keywords=motion+detector+alarm&qid=1704573871&sprefix=motion+detector,aps,418&sr=8-5&th=1 "

Friends are due back soon so need to buzz around and get dishes done etc.

We got this!!!

@Lynn_W @dawnbgethealthy I have also ordered the alarm company stickers from Amazon. I used them at my last house. I have no idea why I didn't think of them again when I moved but I'm going to be ordering them again! I hope you will also do that Dawn. They will think you are being monitored 24/7, including when you are not at home (and you are gone a LOT). Thanks for the idea Lynn!