What's the strangest food item you've found...

Options
I got curious about how bad for you some random food items (deep fried snickers bar, deep fried oreos) that I saw at the fair were so I looked them up on MFP. To my surprise I found them in the database.... Hey I guess we all have our cheat meals, no?

Anyways, that made me wonder what other strange foods have people found in the MFP database. Any strange findings?

Also, for the curious few:
A fried snickers bar is 440 calories, 29g of fat, 50 carbs and 31g of sugar.
A fried oreo is 156 calories, 10 g of fat, 16 carbs, and 7 g of sugar.

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks moushtie... I will be ready to use that next time someone asks about a low cal protein source when they need more calories for the day! ;)
  • jmassardo
    Options
    I just found a bolt in a can of green beans, does that count?
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I just found a bolt in a can of green beans, does that count?
    Mmmm... Fortified with IRON!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Ooookay, mine is not as interesting as previous ones but I was a little surprised to find a random baby snack that I ate one day on a car ride. We were on a 4 hour trip and I was starving, so I grabbed a can of Earth's Best organic Pop Snax that I'd brought along for my kids and ate the recommended serving of 12 pieces for 30 calories. Figured I'd have to enter it in manually, but sure enough when I searched it was there. So I'm not the only one eating my 18 month old's snacks. LOL
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol I think it's funny how it has so much junk food in it. I ate one of these new triple oreo things.. one oreo had 100 calories. Anyways, MFP wasted no time, and it was already in the database to my suprise :P ! Same with when I go get a mcfulrry or something really bad, I just find it really funny how it has so many entries for those bad foods lol.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    We are working on getting that certain 'food product' removed from the data base. For the time being Mike deletes it, and someone else adds it in.

MFP does not want this in our database, nor did we place it there.

Once the site has determined a way to keep it from being logged, it shall be so.

In the meantime I cleaned up this thread.

Thanks everyone!!

Have a great night,

Arewethereyet
    MFP Mod
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    deep fried butter balls... 443 cals:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just entered Road Kill and to my suprise got a hit. Texas Roadhouse Steak, 317 cals Hmmm wonder if this is a euphemism for...well possum... or something.:noway:
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm about to add banana and mayonnaise sandwiches!

Okay, no I'm not, but I used to love them as a kid.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Just entered Road Kill and to my suprise got a hit. Texas Roadhouse Steak, 317 cals Hmmm wonder if this is a euphemism for...well possum... or something.:noway:

Pretty sure that's just a steak from Texas Roadhouse. LOL
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Someone PM me what the removed food item is!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have actually had a deep fried mars bar, they were a huge thing when I was younger in the UK, although I think they still serve them in Glasgow. But yeah it was actually rather nice, strange but nice.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    We are working on getting that certain 'food product' removed from the data base. For the time being Mike deletes it, and someone else adds it in.

Once the site has determined a way to keep it from being logged, it shall be so.

Thanks everyone!!

Have a great night,

Arewethereyet
    MFP Mod

Now I am really curious about what that "food item" might be!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Against my better judgement, I just typed in the word 'human' and there are a few items that MFP might want to delete.

H. Lector's - Human

Human buttocks - dingle berry (with hair)
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Semen is in there. lol I laughed so hard when I saw that!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

Thanks everyone!!

Have a great night,

Arewethereyet
    MFP Mod

Now I am really curious about what that "food item" might be!

It was removed from the thread b/c they don't really want people talking about it. It was nasty.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i had a bunch of extra calories the other night so i got something i've been wanting for a while- a short nonfat salted caramel hot chocolate with no whip. there were like 4 versions in the database for a drink thats size isn't even on the menu :P
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Strangest thing I found:

H. Lector's - Human
  • boku70
    Options
    @Koschina: I have a feeling I know what it is, but I'm afraid to get banned even if I PM you. It's pretty obvious if you think about it. ;-)

Re: strangest food item found: I have the reverse problem: I've eaten a scorpion, but scorpion isn't in the MFP database.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    The "food product" is the other thing is what husbands bring home to their wives.

i am sorry for this, but- we are supposed to log EVERYTHING that goes into our mouths, right? :P