Any like-minded ladies in their 40s?

Options

Replies

• JulieRogalski2015
    JulieRogalski2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I’m 48 and want to lose around 60lbs. Watched my mom struggle her entire life and want to be more active and healthy!
  • loosedgoose
    loosedgoose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    47 here and going through perimenopause. It makes it impossible to lose weight. 😭

I'm 55, been in menopause for 5 years. I lost 80 pounds last year, and I am in maintenance now. You can absolutely do this if you want it.
  • bcgirl1972
    bcgirl1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 nervous as heck to post this but I need help. Almost 52 and probably need to lose 50-60 pounds. Not sure yet as I’m too scared to weigh myself. Been post menopausal for about 2 years now. While going through peri menopause I also went through some trauma and a heart wrenching divorce so my cortisol levels were pretty high. I’ve been slowly gaining for a few years but seemed to really put on a lot the past year. It hurts to see myself in a mirror in public. Mentally I’m feeling good so now it’s time to tackle my physical health. My daughter graduates this year and I dont want to hate every single photo of me.
  • iryne29
    iryne29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turned 40 in August of 2023. I am interested in joining. I know I could benefit from the support. I do not have any specific number to pounds to lose. I just want my forties to be my Fit Era by putting into places great healthy, nutrition and fitness routines. I know by putting in the systems, the results will take care of itself.
  • InekeAk
    InekeAk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hit 300.2 for the first time this last week. I need ankle surgery and in the past I think I kept my weight from going up by getting steps in but in last year it is not happening and I have gained close to 30 pounds. I really for once in my life get down to something comfortable. If I could even hit 220 I would feel great. I am great at supporting people but hard time holding myself to what I need to do.
    If you feel like supporting each other I would love more friends.
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! Turning 41 this month... Always yo-yo'd. Had a 3 year streak here until last Thanksgiving. My clothes don't fit now. Funny how quick the weight comes on when I don't track. My mom's health is not so great either... It's like a glimpse into the future. Better to take charge now then pay the price later.
  • Coloradogal26
    Coloradogal26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join you ladies. I’ve never had issues with weight until this last year where I’ve gained 20 pounds. Yikes.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    iryne29 wrote: »
    Hello! I turned 40 in August of 2023. I am interested in joining. I know I could benefit from the support. I do not have any specific number to pounds to lose. I just want my forties to be my Fit Era by putting into places great healthy, nutrition and fitness routines. I know by putting in the systems, the results will take care of itself.

Love this 💯 !!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    47 and I'd like to lose 15-20 pounds, very short and tired of looking very chubby. But most importantly, I want to feel better and have more energy. Haven't drank any alcohol since December but I need to cut out the junk food and excessive snacking and I need to implement a consistent exercise routine. Easier said than done...
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    41 5’1 sw 165 cw 158 gw 115 I haven’t been 115 lbs as an adult ever so I’d like to get there and see how I feel about it and possibly settle a tad higher if that’s hard to maintain. I was in a bit of denial about how much I had gained back until thanksgiving family pics🫣 I have two boys 12 & 14. I work an office job so I got a walking pad and have been trying to walk 1-2 hrs each work day if I can.
  • Outnumbered_by_4
    Outnumbered_by_4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @TxTiffani, we have nearly identical stats!
    42 years old, 5’1” SW 165 CW 159.8 GW ~120

I could definitely use some accountability!
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and would love some friends. I have 24 kilos to lose.
  • JexE
    JexE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 41, and going through similar with my own Mom. I want to ensure that I don't suffer significant decline in older age, and also not prematurely! My current goal is to lose 75 lbs, but could lose up to 100 and still be within healthy range. I'm also looking for accountability partners! Feel free to add me and/or reach out :)
  • CoffeeCastle
    CoffeeCastle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I’m turning 47 this month. I don’t have a ton of weight to lose but over the last several years my diet has become absolutely horrible. I’m tired all the time and at the end of a work shift my body hurts. I feel like my body is aging faster than needs to. I’m determined to get my nutrition, exercise , and self care in check this year.
  • HungryCatapilar24
    HungryCatapilar24 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im in if anyone wants to add me?
    Similar scenario as original post.
  • JenniferChesnut3821
    Options
    Hello, I'm 35, wanting to lose about 85 lbs. Trying to do wall pilates to work on toning while counting calories for the weight loss. I'm in a hard spot because I am an extremely picky eater so many things that people eat to lose weight I won't, or can't(also have severalfoodallergies), eat. Looking for support and tips.
  • lisagclonmel4029
    lisagclonmel4029 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a year away from 40 and would love to be fit by 40 so would great to have some friends struggling and working towards the same goals. I feel these last few years have been soooooo hard to get my weight to budge! I also have about 70-80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    @TxTiffani, we have nearly identical stats!
    42 years old, 5’1” SW 165 CW 159.8 GW ~120

I could definitely use some accountability!

We are twins!! I'm in TX. Where are you from?
  • TxTiffani
    edited January 11
    Options
    @Outnumbered_by_4 I was going to add you as a friend, but your profile is private. You can add me if you'd like