Heart rate monitors

Options
I’m not a tech guy. Looking for cheap HeartRate monitor that’s compatible with MapMyRun and MyFitnessPal
Worried I’m gonna get one that won’t sync. What do you use?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    This should give some information. On that note, have you considered using a better app for running? the map my series is overall not the best when it comes to accuracy of distance/pace, plus privacy is rather shite. Also, last time I checked it only displayed gross calories, which, if you were to log those you'd double dip.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    After trying many different activity trackers which record heart rate, I finally decided to get a fit bit Versa 4, and I should have done so long ago. Before that, I used a bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitor and it synced fine with the various apps I used to track exercise.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    After trying many different activity trackers which record heart rate, I finally decided to get a fit bit Versa 4, and I should have done so long ago. Before that, I used a bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitor and it synced fine with the various apps I used to track exercise.

Can work, but optical sensors don't really work with dark skin or stronger hair. Just mentioning it because we don't really know anything about TO.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Presuming it's bluetooth connectivity you're looking for? I use my Garmin Fenix for everything, but as it's ant+ that's it's not ideal when using Zwift on an iPad, so I got a cheap generic bluetooth unit from Amazon for my old Garmin HR strap and that works a treat.

All you're looking for is something that'll connect to the device you're using, whatever app you use will do the rest. Personally I'd find something cheap with decent reviews on whatever website you use for buying cheap stuff.

As long as you link your MMR and MFP accounts then logging the run on MMR will automatically add it to MFP.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be either the Garmin HR monitor chest strap or the Wahoo Tickr one. I've used them both over the years with my Garmin Fenix and they're both well made and last well. The one thing I like better about the Wahoo is that batter changes are much easier. Both of them retail (in Canada) for under $100