Doing everything right but not losing!

Options
It keeps telling me that if I keep it up I will lose x pounds in 5 weeks. I have been at it for nearly a month and have not lost a pound.

Replies

• fosterr8
    Options
    Perhaps you are not logging correctly. Double check that the food you are entering is in the correct proportion (2 cups in stead of 1/2 cup for example) and that you are entering every single thing you eat into your diary.

And if thats the case, try exercising more!
  • doriefish1
    doriefish1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The other thing that I have noticed and read about on this website is that MFP sometimes gives you more calories lost for exercise than you actually lost. For instance I did 30 minutes on the elliptical in the gym today and the machine said 257 calories lost, but MFP said over 300. That has happened more than once so if you aren't losing as much as MFP says that could be a problem too.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate on my predictions either, but the above advice about checking portion sizes and weights of foods is spot on. Double your water too. Also, make sure your weight/height/goal settings are all correct. MFP works really well if you input the correct information, so hang in there, and don't give up. During the month of August I was doing everything right too, but only lost 2.2. The first two and a half weeks of September? I lost 12 pounds. Just gotta stick with it. And, if after another month, no measurable results (either by scale or measuring tape), then see a doctor.
  • jendahm
    jendahm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am pretty sure my logging is accurate for food, and I have been running 5k daily it has been 20 days today since I started... frustrated.
  • Hassiri
    Options
    Sounds like you need to check your diet
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    jendahm, I don't know of a single person on this site that does EVERYTHING right. But there are many people who have gotten into great shape. If you really want specific answers to your problem and effective suggestions, make your diary open to MFP Members so they can take a look and try to help. It seems as though the people who tout 'I'm doing everything right, but..." always post that with a closed diary. All your answers will be hit/miss or shots in the dark with a closed diary. Then again, you really didn't ask a question, just made a statement.
    This is not a personal attack- I wish you well on your weight loss journey!