Beginning my new journey

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I'm looking for some support . My hubby isn't ready to commit to a lifestyle change & lose weight with me, so I'm doing this alone. Well, of course I'm not "alone", but sometimes it feels that way. I am considered obese and I'm looking to change that. I put on all this weight over the course of 10 years, so I'm not looking for an overnight change, but I am looking forward to learning how to live, eat, & be healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend & come along on my journey :)

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You've come to the right place - hubby will get on board sooner or later. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
    The people and resources here are phenomenal -
    Good Luck!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My husband is losing weight just because I have changed the way that I shop and cook!
  • KimALesperance
    KimALesperance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. It's not an easy thing, but at least you have made the choice to become a healthier person. It's a great feeling when you start seeing and feeling the difference a better diet and exercise can do for you. I started at about 240 pounds about 12 years ago and have gotten down to 150...and working on my last 20 (hopefully 30). You can do it....this is a great place for support. I am constantly turning to MFP for that bit of inspiration I am looking for.
  • shadowfx
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou: You're never alone at MFP - this community is full of caring kind funny people supporting and being supported. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can do this together!
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been here just over a week now and I' feeling great. My weight is fluctuating all over the place, but overall I am feeling taller, tighter, and healthier. I am grateful for all of the support I have been receiving here :)