Weight loss accountability & motivation thread

Options
Ok, so I’ve been trying to lose 4 stone in 2023, I’ve achieved 2 stone however the last week I’ve put a few pounds back on. Its Christmas, we’ve got to live right?
Back last year in January 2023 my GP enrolled me in the NHS weight loss program this was a 12 week program on weight loss & dietary education.
The program itself was great but what I came away with was the accountability of the weekly weigh-ins.
So for my motivation I’m going to post my weigh-ins on here every Sunday until I reach my goal and invite anyone who would like to join me.
So with me starting here are my stats: Sunday 31st December 2023 weigh-in was 213 lbs, my goal is 182 pounds.
I have 31 lbs to lose.
So jump on this thread and update your weight and let’s do this together.

Replies

• Thegreenbeliever
    Thegreenbeliever Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All the best for your journey! Hang in there, recording what you eat is revealing, and motivating. If we could all integrate the learnings we get from doing this we will defeat the fast food industry, and the many temptations that are not nutritious or beneficial to us…except to instil guilt.
  • Robert22564
    Robert22564 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So weighing in this morning was not a shock as I knew my week was an absolute disaster. It was like i wasnt even on a diet and the amount of food I consumed was shocking. Obviously i wasnt ready mentally to start this journey for 2024.
    So get focused, stop binging of an evening and lets get started shall we.
    Sunday 7th January 2024 weigh-in was 213, lbs my goal is 182 lbs.
    I have 31 lbs to lose.
  • TheManTheMyth90
    TheManTheMyth90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep going !
  • v_gas
    v_gas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agree fully on accountability! It has been the same for me. The only time I have lost weight was when I was part of a weight loss support group with weekly weigh ins. I have put on a significant amount of weight in the last few months due to a knee injury and I know that dropping a few kilos would really help with recovery. I have started an exercise program and now need to eat sensibly. I commit to posting my weight here weekly. Thanks for starting this thread.

• v_gas
    Options
    Starting weight 73.5 kgs!
    Goal 68 kgs by end of Feb
  • LovinLife2686
    LovinLife2686 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a solid 25 pounds. I know exactly what to do but I need to get it done!!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,621 Member
    Options
    @LovinLife2686

Well, how come you haven't started yet? Start RIGHT NOW! Then STICK TO IT!
  • LovinLife2686
    LovinLife2686 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot

Thanks for the support! 😏
  • Robert22564
    Options
    This accountability idea works, it gives you that little push that’s needed in my opinion.
    I took onboard a few comments made on here, I also know theirs going to be a few ups and downs on this journey.
    My goal is not just to lose weight but to change my eating habits and lifestyle giving me a stable platform to remain a healthy weight and enjoy life to the full.
    I have some new scales now showing weight in stones and pounds, so i'll stick with this from now on.
    Last weeks weigh in was 15st 3.2 lbs.
    Sunday 14th January 2024 weigh-in was 15st 1.8 lbs……my goal is 13 stone.
    I lost 1.4 lbs. :)
  • v_gas
    Options
    Jan 10 73.5
    Jan 17 73.1
  • Robert22564
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've been a part of this wonderful community for some time now, and I've always found comfort and inspiration in the shared journeys toward healthier lifestyles. Today, I come to you with a heavy heart as I've recently come to the realization that I am struggling with Binge Eating Disorder (B.E.D.).

It's not easy for me to admit this, but I believe that acknowledging the issue is the first step towards recovery. B.E.D. has been affecting my life in ways I hadn't fully grasped until now, and I'm reaching out for support and advice from those who may have experienced similar challenges.

The constant cycle of binge eating followed by feelings of guilt and shame has taken a toll on my physical and mental well-being. I'm ready to confront this issue and work towards a healthier relationship with food. If anyone in this community has faced B.E.D. or has knowledge on how to manage it, I would be incredibly grateful for any insights, coping mechanisms, or success stories you are willing to share.
    I understand that every journey is unique, but knowing that I'm not alone in this struggle and learning from those who have overcome it would mean the world to me.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to hearing from this supportive community and am grateful for any guidance you may offer.
    Sunday 21st January 2024 weigh-in was 15st 3.6 lbs…….my goal is 13 stone.
    I gained 1.8 lbs.
  • ks45phjxsv
    ks45phjxsv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    I’m new to myfitnesspal and I’m trying to lose some weight. I have come to realize that I too need accountability to help me stay on track.
    My ultimate goal is losing 10 kg but im doing it in stages. I believe setting hard goals can be discouraging to me and I lose motivation quicker than if I set an easier and more achievable goals.

21st January 2024
    My current weight is 67.8 kg
    My goal weight is 65 kg
  • ks45phjxsv
    ks45phjxsv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've been a part of this wonderful community for some time now, and I've always found comfort and inspiration in the shared journeys toward healthier lifestyles. Today, I come to you with a heavy heart as I've recently come to the realization that I am struggling with Binge Eating Disorder (B.E.D.).

It's not easy for me to admit this, but I believe that acknowledging the issue is the first step towards recovery. B.E.D. has been affecting my life in ways I hadn't fully grasped until now, and I'm reaching out for support and advice from those who may have experienced similar challenges.

The constant cycle of binge eating followed by feelings of guilt and shame has taken a toll on my physical and mental well-being. I'm ready to confront this issue and work towards a healthier relationship with food. If anyone in this community has faced B.E.D. or has knowledge on how to manage it, I would be incredibly grateful for any insights, coping mechanisms, or success stories you are willing to share.
    I understand that every journey is unique, but knowing that I'm not alone in this struggle and learning from those who have overcome it would mean the world to me.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to hearing from this supportive community and am grateful for any guidance you may offer.
    I gained 1.8 lbs.
    Hello everyone,

I gained 1.8 lbs.
    Hello everyone,

I gained 1.8 lbs.

I’m sorry for what you are going through. I hope you will find all the help and advice you need.