Couldn't stop smiling at Old Navy

Options
Before I started with MFP, I couldn't wear any remotely tight clothing with my size 18 jeans because I had extreme muffin top. Why not just go a size up you ask? Well, my body is weird....The waist is always tight in my jeans, but the legs are huge making my body look weird. And it's always been that way. Even in middle school. So, if I got an even bigger size, the legs would be even bigger making me look even more weird! Not good...

So anyway, Like i was saying, my size 18's were tight in the waist causing extreme muffin top. I had to wear t-shirts or hoodies all the time so it was easier for me to hide the Muffin top.. But in the last month or so, I have been noticing that the same jeans are getting bigger and my muffin top is disappearing little by little. It's not as extreme.

Over time, the shirts I would never think about wearing with my jeans, I can now wear with them. I was so happy this morning when i put on one of my favorite shirts and I was actually able to wear it with these jeans. I was so happy in fact, I decided to go to old navy after class and the gym. I tried on an XL v-neck t-shirt first and to my surprise, it didn't look half bad. I was so happy and couldn't stop smiling in the mirror. Surprising that just 23 pounds can make that much difference!

Here is a picture of me before and 2 pics that i took today at the store. I don't have a before picture of the "muffin top" at it's worst but you can kind of see it in the before picture. As you can see, in the "current" picture, it's getting smaller! Just thought I would share that with all of you! :)

1111111111.jpg

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! :) You look amazing, keep it up!
  • cjfitness
    Options
    That's all sorts of awesome! :D Good going, you must be feeling pretty great.
  • Blondie2400
    Blondie2400 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    good job!!!!! great motivation!! keep it up :-)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    this is awesome! :) keep it up girl!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    So happy for you :) You should have went to old navy when they had the B1 G1 75% off :) I won't have to buy exercise clothes for a very long time...lol
  • trixie5059
    trixie5059 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work.........You are my inspiration!!!!
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, you look great!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy!! Their jeans sizes stay reasonably consistent so you really do know when you can feel good!
    My triumph was the day I could go from the Dreamer style (fitted for *ahem* more mature figures) to a Flirt (fitted for younger crowd!)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Before I started with MFP, I couldn't wear any remotely tight clothing with my size 18 jeans because I had extreme muffin top. Why not just go a size up you ask? Well, my body is weird....The waist is always tight in my jeans, but the legs are huge making my body look weird. And it's always been that way. Even in middle school. So, if I got an even bigger size, the legs would be even bigger making me look even more weird! Not good...

So anyway, Like i was saying, my size 18's were tight in the waist causing extreme muffin top. I had to wear t-shirts or hoodies all the time so it was easier for me to hide the Muffin top.. But in the last month or so, I have been noticing that the same jeans are getting bigger and my muffin top is disappearing little by little. It's not as extreme.

Over time, the shirts I would never think about wearing with my jeans, I can now wear with them. I was so happy this morning when i put on one of my favorite shirts and I was actually able to wear it with these jeans. I was so happy in fact, I decided to go to old navy after class and the gym. I tried on an XL v-neck t-shirt first and to my surprise, it didn't look half bad. I was so happy and couldn't stop smiling in the mirror. Surprising that just 23 pounds can make that much difference!

Here is a picture of me before and 2 pics that i took today at the store. I don't have a before picture of the "muffin top" at it's worst but you can kind of see it in the before picture. As you can see, in the "current" picture, it's getting smaller! Just thought I would share that with all of you! :)

1111111111.jpg

And that is with just getting started too! Whoohoo!
  • trixie5059
    trixie5059 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy!! Their jeans sizes stay reasonably consistent so you really do know when you can feel good!
    My triumph was the day I could go from the Dreamer style (fitted for *ahem* more mature figures) to a Flirt (fitted for younger crowd!)

okay, does that mean we are dreaming for a more flirtier style ( as in smaller and younger) Yesssss we are
  • juggalotus
    Options

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old Navy. Seriously, this is all I wear. lol! I can't fit into the Dreamer style. I can only fit into the Sweethearts for some reason...Those ones in the pic are sweethearts.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    So happy for you :) You should have went to old navy when they had the B1 G1 75% off :) I won't have to buy exercise clothes for a very long time...lol

You're telling me I missed that? Crap! I love Old Navy's yoga pants...so comfy! Ill have to watch out for the next big sale
  • juggalotus
    Options
    And thank you everyone else for the encouraging words. If it weren't for this site, I would still be gaining weight. Thank you ALL :) You guys are the best
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!