Easy Sweet Potato Pancakes -- gluten-free!

Options
I've been tinkering with different attempts at making gluten-free pancakes recently. I haven't tried anything in a box since I'd rather just avoid all refined foods, gluten-free or not. I made these this morning and they were really tasty! And easy -- they take a bit of prep work, but not really any longer than my typical breakfast of eggs and veggies.

- 1 med sweet potato (the kind with orange flesh), peeled and steamed/boiled until fork tender (cut it into small pieces so it cooks quickly) -- I don't know how much mine weighed, but it was about 1 cup of mashed potato
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- decent dash of ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt

Blend the above in a food processor (or you could probably just mash with a fork and mix well). Add a bit of water (a tablespoon at a time) until the batter is the consistency of pancake batter.

I cooked mine over a hot and well-buttered skillet. Stick to smaller sized pancakes (~3 in) since they can be harder to turn than regular pancakes. I topped them with some blueberries that I had cooked down on the stove.

This made two servings of 200 calories, 30g carbs, 9g protein, 5g fat, 4g fiber (not including the butter or blueberries).

Replies