potato topic

Options
my fitness pal has a discussion on potatoes. potatoes are high in carbs. I've have tried and have accomplished adding different vegetables to mashed potatoes that are of lesser carbs. these other vegetable options are lesser carbs and can be combined with mashed potatoes. just cook them with the potatoes. example: carrots, shredded cabbage, cauliflower, rutabaga, golden beets, I have tried with success. the potatoes roasted with other vegetables are also a good choice for Potatoe lovers, but, wanting to lower carbs
Tagged:

Replies

• foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    here's a recipe I have used: https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/irish-colcannon-recipe/
    only 8 carbs in serving per recipe
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I've generally done something similar. I like roasted potatoes, but even if in a mood for them I tend to roast them with other root veg (radishes, turnips, carrots are my favorites -- I also love beets but tend to roast them separately in foil). I also like to eat roasted potatoes (or roasted beets or any other root veg) with roasted winter squash. For mashed, I enjoy mixing the potatoes with cauliflower.