help

Options
Is it important to match your daily goal numbers perfectly? If I am at the max for protein at lunch time should I not eat protein for dinner? How do I figure out what to eat that doesn't have protein? Is there a way to get ideas? Same with fat and carbs

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    some people do some people don't
    I wouldn't say its too important to watch every number. If you have a naughty day and have all your cals in beer and cake then your sugar will be through the roof but you will still be under your calorie goal.

Of course you should try and have a balanced diet, but a study done at a Canadian University a couple of months ago proved that no matter what you eat, as long as you stay within your calorie allowance, you will loose weight.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I try to devide everything over the entire day. In the beginning it is very difficult to know which contains what. You will figure it out with experience :)
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If i am over in protein i feel good the next day. If I am over in carbs i feel bad. I have never come close to being over on fat. I had been going over on sugar but have fixed that problem. Many people on here readjust there percentages of protein carbs and fats.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP has protein set fairly low, so i wouldnt worry if you go over.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am over one protein, fiber and sugar every day. Even with that I lost 10 lbs my first week. I have started taking in more carbs and a few more calories this week and scale numbers don't seem to be moving so far. For me, I am going to adjust according to the results I get each week until I find out what numbers work best for me. I am sure they are different for everyone. Good luck.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    oops....posted twice
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein! Seriously protein is excellent for weight loss. If you meet your calorie goal and are over protein it doesn't matter one bit. What is your macro ratio? If it's the MFP default you are not enough anyways. Carbs and fats it's better to not go over, assuming you have a good amount of fat (recommended is usually 30%, as your body does actually put fat to good biological use). Carbs are less important and are best used as energy.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I can't even eat half my protein in a day, any ideas?

N
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Protein is always okay to go over, a lot of people will recommend that you do so. What you want to watch and try and be under a little are the carbs, sugar, and sodium.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Eggs and lunch meat :)

N
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options

N

Try to base at least of your meals a day around a solid protein source, eg a whole chicken breast or large can of tuna. Eggs are also an easy, protein dense snack if you use mainly egg whites. If you are really stuck, get a protein powder. :-)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    calories are generally the most important but eventually you should start paying attention to the macros. if you plan balanced healthy meals in advance it is much easier to do, and you get into a routine
  • mlkarebare1
    mlkarebare1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are macros?