Kinect Workout games

Options
Hate gym, wanna exercise at home. I have a Kinect, and I figure there must be some decent exercise games for it.

Suggestions?

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Personally I like Dance Central. I have found I burn quite a few calories shakin' my booty.

The YourShape is ok. It's not my favorite, but does have *some* good workouts.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I also like Dance Central, in terms of enjoying myself! I also like Your Shape:Fitness evolved, the cardio boxing is good and i like the way it keeps track of everything. Zumba came is also good, but nowhere near as good as an actual Zumba class!
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yup, thirded for Dance Central. It can get your heart rate going if you put some effort in. :) In my admittedly uncoordinated experience, however, it can take a lot of work to just do the goddamn dance moves, let alone perform them all in a row in any sort of cardio-like fashion.
  • Lunacy541
    Options
    Yay, another Kinect person! Dance Central is a great game as everyone has stated. I also love Fighters Uncaged. It is quite a good cardio workout, and it brings out the competitiveness in me. I wasn't going to work yesterday until I defeated El Luchador! You probably have Kinect Adventures that comes with the Kinect, but I find Reflex Ridge and Rally Ball to be pretty good workouts too. A lot of squatting in Reflex Ridge.

I played Kinect Sports but didn't really find it to be a good workout. Too much standing around. I own Your Shape, but found it kind of boring and really not very accurate when monitoring your exercise. Fruit Ninja is a cheap little game available for download, but its mostly upper body and repetitive.

There are some new games coming out that I really want to get. Dance Central 2 will allow you to make a play list so no waiting between songs.

Good luck in picking a game that works for you.