New gal with 200 lbs. to lose needs support!

Options
Hi all,

I started what I'm sure will be my final weight loss journey on Aug. 19 at 330 pounds -- the heaviest I've ever been. I've always been heavy, and I can't wait to be a smaller verison of myself.

I can't count the number of times I've tried to lose weight before (and I don't really want to try! :-)), but unlikely previous attempts, I'm using a multi-attack approach. I've joined a gym, I started working a with a trainer 2-3 days a week and I'm doing Medifast and recording what I eat here. What I really need though is some support.

No one I know is as heavy as I am and trying to lose weight. I moved to a new city a few years ago and I work at night, so I don't have a lot of close friends outside of work (they all live in another state), and the people at work are supportive, but they don't understand. If you're really overweight, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm also a terrible stress eater, and work is stressful. It helped let my co-workers know I was trying to lose weight, because now I feel like they're paying attention to what I eat somewhat, but at home, where no one is watching, I can get out of control if under a lot of stress.

I have a looooooooong row to hoe, and could really use some support! I'm not big on forums, but it looks like there are a lot of nice people here.

Have a good one!

Replies

• tubachicky02
    tubachicky02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love a new partner on this journey! :-)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do it!!
  • gracemacdonald
    Options
    I would love to help you achieve this as well. You sounds like you are determined and this is very inspiring!
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision! Feel free to add me as a friend. I don't have as much weight to lose, but I was the same weight for almost 3 months this summer and I was still staying under calories. I took a break for a couple weeks and then went back at it, and its working again!!!

Remember to drink lots of water and don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't drop! But when your clothes get looser and you have to go buy new ones, you will feel fantastic, and look amazing!!!!!

I am here for you, you can do it! :)
  • fish119
    Options
    I'm with you....I need to lose about 60 pounds....maybe 75, I'll have to determine that when I hit the 60 pound loss mark! I think you will love this, I do! My friends are all really supportive. Most of us have our up and down moments and we just push through one day at a time. I know you can do this....you are woman, hear you ROAR!!! Feel free to add me if you want! :smile:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to be.

My known highest weight was 319 lbs. When I joined MFP I was in the 230s, and today I'm at 149.

Feel free to add me for support.

And no matter what, never give up! Even if you have an off day, just keep on moving forward.

I also want to add, that even though I listed my weight history, there is so much more to this than a number on a scale. Celebrate all of your victories!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! Feel free to add me!
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are on your way. I am very happy you've joined.
  • cussie48
    cussie48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, If you need support,well here I am,Lets do this together,ok/believe it and you can achieve it
  • cussie48
    cussie48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, If you need support,well here I am,Lets do this together,ok/believe it and you can achieve it
  • heathhumble
    Options
    Welcome new friend.You have come to the right place for support and motivation.Feel free to add me, good luck to you.:smile:
  • shanchamber
    Options
    Good luck! I started at 343, got down 70 lbs. by myself, and last month, I had weight loss surgery. My best advice is not to weigh yourself frequently. I'm struggling with this myself. It's hard to get on the scale after a day of starving and see no movement because of something arbitrary like water or muscle gain and not just want to give up. Deciding to weigh myself only once a month is not only better for my mental health, but it also helps me not obsess over what I'm eating. I get more and better nutrients, things that will ultimately help build muscle and lean tissue. And don't forget your hydration!
  • ginurse_amy
    Options
    4255724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    Remember to drink lots of water and don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't drop! But when your clothes get looser and you have to go buy new ones, you will feel fantastic, and look amazing!!!!!

YES!!! Ugh ... my trainer runs a small boot camp class (It's small enough get lots of individual instruction, and he's really supportive) ... but it was HARD working out as much as I was the first month or so and not get any scale change! I didn't realize I was building muscle (mainly cuz I'd never *done* it before :blushing:)! So still waiting for the clothes to get too big, but they are a little looser now!
  • kaoshavoc
    Options
    *kaoshavoc hands over a lot of support.

There ya go. Let's do this together.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Welcome...trust me this is one thing you will never regret doing...MFP has so much nice people and info...I have lost 52lbs since January...since I joined MFP its 37lbs but I have alot of awesome friends that inspire me...

Feel free to add me and I will help and give the support as best as I can!!!!!!!!

Welcome again!!

Debbie
  • jeanie✰
    Options
    I have a long journey ahead of me as well -- add me if you'd like! mutual support is great!
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks so much everyone! I knew this was a great place to be! :happy:
  • collinsellyson
    Options
    Hello there! Just wanted to say good luck! I too am a major stress eater! What did I do to fix it? I don't have any bad foods in my house. My fridge is stocked with fruits and veggies that are already cut up, labled in their own container, and ready to eat. It's better if everything is ready because then you're more likely to choose it. Something else, if you liked smoothies, that's a good thing to have when you're having munchies or wanting to stress eat. It fills you up AND is healthy! Please feel free to add me as a supporter!
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You have came to the right place. I need support too so feel free to add me :flowerforyou: