I'm new here, 26 years old and overweight

Options
I'm new to working out. I've never really done any sort of organized exercise other than gym class in grade school. I'm excited to lose some weight and get healthy. So I'm a 190lbs and I want to be 120lbs. My doctor says that because of my small frame (I'm Asian) that should be my target. Any help and support is welcomed. If there are any other Asians out there, please let me know how I can cut rice out of my diet or just reduce it. It eat it with all my meals. Thanks!!! Good luck to all of you!

Replies

• cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 as well--feel free to friend me! I'm not Asian, but I can tell you how I cut most rice out of my diet. Look for a grain called quinoa (keen-wah) at the supermarket. You can pretty much replace rice with quinoa in any dish. We eat it all the time with stir-fries and the like. Good luck! You'll be surprised how fast that first 5 lbs comes off if you follow the calorie restrictions :o)
  • I_Got_This_23
    I_Got_This_23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in your boat. Tiny Asian frame means a very tiny target weight. I started at 180 and have lost 30 pounds so far. My tip for rice is Uncle Ben's microwavable pouch of Jasmine and Basmati rice. It's a little more costly and the texture is different than cooking rice in a rice cooker, but it's instant portion control. Good luck!
  • WannaBeGreat
    Options
    @cavaaller_85 Thanks for your reply. I will try quinoa. :smile: Hopefully, like you said the first 5lbs will go quickly. Ah, motivation!!!

@jhall1218 Thanks for your reply! The instant portion control is need for me. I just realized how much rice I eat a day, and how my idea of a serving was definitely not how much an actual serving is :tongue: