Need to lose 132 lbs. Truck driver and sitting on my butt a

Options
:drinker:
50 year old truck driver. Doctor said to only consume 1200 calories a day. Hope I can do it! Giving it the old college try!

Replies

• TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place! This site has the tools you need to succeed! :)
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    U will do fine you are on the right place to take one day at a time be true to urself and If I can do so can anyone else.... Feel absolutly free to add me for motivation and good luck....:smile:

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Wish you all best!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My dad was a truck driver for a long time. My mom kept his weight under control by packing a bag full of apples for his wk long trip, some sandwiches, and some veggies. He never ate elsewhere unless he ran out of food and he usually picked up something healthy. You def can do it!!! Good luck .
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the wheatgrass trucker? definitely worth youtubing. if he can do it, so can you! best wishes on your journey
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's pretty restrictive, and I assume that'll be a profound lifestyle change. That's gonna be a lot of new habits to pick up. Just let us know how we can help! Best of luck to you!!
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good luck. This is a great site to use. Hope you reach your goals!
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    I know it's hard when you're out on the road like that, but we're here for help and support :)
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!

(Hopefully they'll start you off with a few more calories!)
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good luck....looking to lose about the same or more here...so I sorta know what you are going through. My ex husband and ex fiance were both truck drivers so I know the routine you likely have. Its not an easy job out there, but everything we get in life goes through the hands of some form of truck driver.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My husband's a driver. I didn't realize how hard it is to eat right when you're always on the road until I rode with him. You could easily slip into a fast food coma every day!
    Plan on packing your food and snacks. Good luck! You can do this. :)
  • ladygh
    Options
    I love the cartoons!
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    Hi there,

It's very easy to grab fast food all the time (I used to eat it every day)! Since you're driving ... maybe days at a time? ... it might be hard to pack food. Maybe you could use the web to find places with salad bars on your route, but take your own fat-free or low-fat dressing along.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a number of friends who are drivers and really struggle with their weight. Not a lot of good alternatives at the Petros and Flying J's. What are your eating habits, because I know they do a lot of snacking in the trucks and then eat a real big meal usually a buffet? As others have said pack your snacks wisely. Nuts, fruit and drink a lot of water, not the sodas and sugary junk drinks. Good luck on this journey and keep on trucking....

PS feel free to add me as a friend and keep me up to date as I know they want to lose weight and what works for you I can suggest for them to help them.
  • Sarakay81
    Options
    I am around truckers all day where I work, and I can see how challenging your lifestyle change is going to be. I am glad to see you taking the initiative and making positive changes. Supporting you all the way!
  • tessex
    tessex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you do, my oldest brother is a truck driver too and needs to lose some weight too. It is hard to get in exercise when he drives very early in the morning until evening.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new healthy life style x
  • Frierson72360
    Frierson72360 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a driver myself. I've made changes like parking farther away from the building and walking more , packing my on lunch when I can and when I can't I order healthy when I eat out (salads). Try not to eat at least 3 hour before I lay down and be sure to get 7 to 8 hours of continuous sleep. And plenty plenty water. Good luck.