Looking to lose about 70 lbs, get stronger and have limitless energy!

I am 53 years young, and a type 1 diabetic. TODAY I weigh the most I will ever way for the rest of my life! One of my biggest weight loss goals is future travel and being able to take walking tours without holding up the rest of the group.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,986 Member
    Hello, and welcome!

That's a great goal: Well worth the effort.

I'm cheering for you to succeed, because your goal is very much within reach, with patience and persistence.

Best wishes!
  • sunshineekg
    sunshineekg Posts: 24 Member
    Hello. I love how you have both a non weight goal! My goal is to control my chronic illness enough that I can safely start hiking again :). I don't know if you are looking for an online support network but I would love to be fitness friends.
  • Jcolonel49
    Jcolonel49 Posts: 14 Member
    Welcome Misty! Having goals that go beyond numbers on a scale are so important, I also want to improve my health, MFP really helped me with this when I was at my heaviest back in 2013 and after some health issues I’m heavier than I’ve ever been in my life; I want to be able to run consistently again and get my liver levels healthier. My mom is T1 diabetic and my dad just got diagnosed with T2, I also want to be healthier for them. Friend me if you’d like; I’d love to support you on your journey!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,172 Member
    What helped me was to set actual realistic goals. I had a goal to lose 1 to 2lbs per week.

Started on July 31st, 2023, at 181lbs and hit my goal weight of 150lbs Oct 29 2023.

I lost on average approx 2.5lbs per week.

I set a new goal now to hit 145lbs then maintain.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,306 Member
    edited January 17
    Been in your exact same shoes and come out the other side. I started at 56, with 100 to lose.

Log honestly and diligently, and mind your calorie goal, also taking care it isn’t too low. Yeah, that’s a thing.

And care for and forgive yourself along the way. It’s a journey, and we all get lost at some point on our travels before finding our way back again.