This MFP is awesome!

Options
Hi there, just want to introduce myself. Elias 41M in Astoria, NY, just 11 days in MFP and loving it. It is a great motivation when you see how you can track what you eat, what you burn ,and most defifnitely, what you lose. Already 5 Lbs down and i am finally getting into aerobic exercises. ( i am one of those who go to the gym to do weight-lifting and used to not hit the treadmill at all! -too girly i used to say- , but i sure needed a change. Since MFP doesnt count weight-lifting exercise as a fat burning one, i started walking in the treadmill. I barely did 1 mile the first day, and yesterday i jogged 4 miles! (took me an hour though)
First time i connect through my PC, and i see there is a whole community out there trying to do the same that i am: losing weight and get motivation from my peers.
Good luck everybody, and have fun losing weight and staying healthy!

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It is totally awesome! I recommend reaching out and making some friends, they make the site even that much more enjoyable!! :heart:
  • dfwtxmissy
    Options
    One of my many goals is to jog.....
  • deb_sully
    Options
    Welcome, Elias! It's a great place to be... a super support... and just an overall great group of people!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    welcome. Also, if you go under cardio exercises- you can add strength training (aka weight lifting) and it will show you an estimate on what you burned. Get a good support network on here- it makes all the difference!
  • falmeira
    Options
    @surfrgrl1
    Thanks for the advise on reaching to friends at MFP, really works!
    BTW, i tried surfing first time last month, and that is a serious sport. I payed for a full day lesson and board rental, and i didn't pass 2 hours, i was exhausted!
    Hopefully i can try it one more time when in better shape.
  • falmeira
    Options
    @cowboydan43
    How do i add the exercise info.? I mean, the amount of calories burned, etc.
    Thank you!
  • falmeira
    Options
    @dfwtxmissy and @Deb_Sully
    Thanks for motivation.
    I started walking with an app coach i heard from another MFP peer. It is called C25K, coach to 5 Kms, but instead of buying it, i downloaded a free sample among a bunch of apps this type on the market, and once you get the idea, you ca do it by yourself. Now i am walking/jogging bet 5-10K every other day.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club, and congrats on your great work so far.
  • transylvaniaxx
    Options
    Welcome! i find that cardio is the best [although the hardest] way to lose weight. I haven't started working on lifting yet, I feel like I'll be discouraged from seeing the weight gain, even though I know it's really muscle. Nice work on the time for your four miles, though! Mine would definitely take me longer, I think. Feel free to friend me, if you wish =]. I hope we can offer each other great support!