help need exercise for stomach

Options
i have been on herbalife since august 1st and it is working i have lost inches and weigh . but know i have notice my stomach hanging more.
(i gave birth to 6 kids and my stomach is saggy) It seems the more i lose the more it hangs low. what can I do to help tighten it a little.

I have heard that when you work out hold your stomach muscles in. not sure if this works. I started working out on my wii fit i use it till i work up to 450 cal. burned, i am going to start my Leslie Sansone walking dvds this week. I also have the shake weight and going to start that my arms are starting to hang also my kids say I can fly with my wings .

Help please if you can

Replies

• coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'd look for core exercises and concentrate on that area. A balanced ball is nice if you have one... lost of opportunities! Even if you are just sitting properly and watching tv, IF sitting on balance ball as recommended, this will help.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Do you do crunches or sit-ups? I do crunches with a 10 lbs. weight on my chest. Works great.
  • notquiteflawless
    Options
    Well, If you're trying to gain muslce, I would suggest doing this scissor lift things. You lay on your back and put your hands underneath your butt (or lower back - whatever) for support, then you bring both feet up about 6 inches off the ground. Slowly, raise one leg stright up into the air and hold it for 3 seconds. SLOWLY switch them (being sure to keep BOTH feet off the ground at all times). Just keep slowly switching your legs from stright up in the air to 6 inches off the ground about 25 times (that's how many i do) and when you release them to the ground, you can feel all of your ab muscles realx. It's amazing.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • mongoosette
    Options
    Sounds like you need muscle! I recommend starting a strength training routine, and I recommend one for your whole body, not just your abs. You will feel stronger and healthier, it is great for your bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Functional exercises using your own body weight (squats, lunges, pushups, dips, planks) are wonderful exercises that require no equipment. If you aren't used to doing these exercises you will likely fatigue quickly. Don't overdo it unless you want delayed onset muscle soreness (caused by microtrauma) to set in and make you feel like you never want to exercise again. You may also need to modify them to start. What matters is that you start, and then that you progress at a gradual rate. After you can do 10-12 modified without fatigue, then try to do the exercise unmodified, even if you can just do 1, then build up from there. There are no easy fixes, only dedication and hard work will give you the results you want.
  • smalloneday
    smalloneday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your help looking in to all your ideas
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    someone suggested using "spanks" or similar firming underwear when you exercise. I'm going to try that, whoever suggested it on here, lost a tonne of weight, and looked amazing for someone who had lost that much, and she didn't have all the excess wobbly skin all over her.

i have a pair of those firming bike shorts that go up to under the boobs and they certainly make less wobble when i'm working out. it feels nice and firm. i'll let you know in a few months if it does any good.
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ahhh I just asked a similar question about my big sagging stomach. The arms, yea my seven year old boy commented on my bat wings a few weeks ago, smh. But I learned a simple move in pilates, where you put your arms behind your back low and just move them in and out slightly. Doesn't seem like much, but after a couple minutes you will feel the burn. I've been doing it a couple weeks and can tell a big differnce already.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I bought a ab roller at walmart for less than $20 and is just basically doing sit ups but I could never do them alone and the machine really helps!!!!