Steps

Options
How often are steps imported?

Best Answer

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you given privacy permissions on both MFP and on the control panel for the Samsung?

Answers

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goal. Since I sit a lot at work, I set my activity level to sedentary and follow the calories recommended for me. When I get good steps in, it’s just a bonus.

Now if your goal is heart health, for example, or avoiding clots or many other things, then yes steps are important.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    I think it may vary depending on what service or app you're using to sync the steps, though I'm not sure.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,112 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed is that I need to open my Garmin Connect app and sync it, before the step count transfers to MFP.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    I wear a Garmin device. It does seem to sync from time to time during the day. I think it first has to sync with Garmin and THEN with MFP. If I open the Garmin app, it syncs to Garmin, and then if I open the MFP app, it syncs to MFP. I don't worry too much about it. I can see how many steps I have on the device itself. When it syncs to MFP, then my calorie goal adjusts, so that happens when I log food.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    imported! of course i read “important” 🤦‍♀️
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    edited January 18
    Options
    I walk a ton, wearing an Apple Watch and steps update to MFP pretty frequently during walks.

You can also “force” an update here, if you’re using iOS. I assume Android has a similar selection.
    paw9xv9pxbh5.jpeg
  • RussellGifford9440
    RussellGifford9440 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have Samsung health configured with mfp, but steps have not imported even once.
  • RussellGifford9440
    RussellGifford9440 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Worked after reinstall