INTERMITTENT FASTING

Options
Hi Gang - hope you're all doing well. I'm interested in the concept of Intermittent Fasting. Has anyone in the community tried it? What works, what doesn't? Thoughts?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    If you're interested for weight loss reasons, know that it's irrelevant. Weight loss is all about calories. If an IF regimen helps you maintain a calorie deficit goal, then by all means do what works for you.
  • RachelKoerner6158
    RachelKoerner6158 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been intermittent fasting as well but I am also watching my calories. I don't know if it works as much if you aren't watching calories and what you eat.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 16:8 intermittent fasting routine. I feel it's helped me to stop snacking at night, which is always an issue for me. So if I have breakfast at 10 AM, I stop eating at 6 PM. But I'm still logging in my calories here and keeping to my goals. I drink herbal teas and water so my mouth and hands have something to do, and I've stopped reaching for cookies and candy and popcorn while I sit and watch TV. It doesn't hurt to try it out. I still get the energy I need to get through the day, and I'm sleeping well.
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do IF simply for me it's easier to keep under my calorie limit. Like everyone said it's no magic fix, you still need to stay under your calorie limit, you can not binge during your window etc.