25, overweight and runner wannabe!

Options
Hey everybody!! I'm 25, from Brazil and for all my life I have been either overweight, obese or momentarily skinny (not for long!). Now I want is a definite change in my lifestyle, I want to get fit. I've never had any kind of health problems related to been fat, but is was only a matter of time. My maximum weight was 176 (I'm only 5'2) at 2009, back then I manage to get rid of a bunch of extra pounds and got to 139, ohh surprise, surprise, I got to 166 in less than 6 months.
This July I got dumped by my, at the time, boyfriend, we stayed together for almost 7 years, and now I want to be skinny and hot to rock this summer been single!! eheheheheh
So since July I managed to lose +-20 pounds, I'm now at 145, but my goal is to get and stay at 115-120. So I still have a long way to go...

Since last month I've been working out at Curves and this month I've started to do a running training and so far I'm in love with running. So in love that I signed in for a 6km race that is going to happen in Oct,16! I'm scared and excited at the same time!!

So, I hope to may new weight loss friends here!!

Replies

• minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal! You will ROCK that 6K. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for here :happy:
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me. I love to run also and went from struggling to run a 5k just 6 months ago to a normal daily run of nearly 10k. You can do it!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I have almost exactly the same description as you :) I'm 25, 5'3, and at the same weight... my end goal is a bit higher than you, at 125, but I plan on reevaluating when I get there anyway. I've also recently started running, and am looking for a marathon in my area as well :) I was supposed to run one midmonth, but had to post pone it due to family stuff :(

Friend me, we can motivate each other :D
  • yogabebe
    Options
    Welcome!! Congratulations on the weight loss and good luck - you are going to do AMAZING!!! Feel free to add me! I can always use more support myself. :))
  • Akemy_M
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys!!! I'm so happy with MFP!
  • keddabee
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend! I've been big all my life and ready to be hot!! Never been skinny EVER in my life but I'm sure we can motivate each other to keep going :) Good luck! You have done an awesome job so far!!! GO YOU!