Busy...how do I fit a work out in?

Options
I have a very packed schedule most days of the week and only have a couple days where I find time to work out. How do people fit in a work out when they're very busy?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Get out of bed early to fit it in. Health is important to me.

If you want to do it you have to make time :]
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Do the 30 DS it takes only 20 min. Or they have a Zumba for the Wii that has a 15 min workout. I did both of them today.
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly on the go from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. so I decided that the only way that I was going to get workouts done was to get up early. Been at it for almost 2 months and so far so good...I started with only 15 minutes early and gradually worked my way up to an hour early.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try doing the 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 by Jillian. So quick... around 25 minutes. Anyone can fit it in... if you really want to! :smile:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i made a choice many years ago to just make exercise a priority. i feel much better when i am active and exercising. it's just part of my lifestyle, period. there are usually a day or two during the week that i don't have an hour or more to workout, but even on those days i can fit in a brisk walk. my suggestion is to either get up earlier in the morning, eat lunch outside of your 'regular' lunch time, or try to delegate someone else in your household a task or two that you usually do to make more room for YOU. it is worth it.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I think most people are crazy busy.....but you just find time to do it. I do it at work on my lunch break and during my two 15 minute breaks. I also hike 1 - 2 times a week (even if I have to get out there with a flash light and drag my husband with me) And I go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week. On weekends no matter how many chores need done, I make sure I exercise first. For me, it's how bad do you want this, (really bad) which then leads me DO IT!!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    set your alarm 15 minutes early and do 30 Day Shred first thing in the morning - takes 20 mins, shower & you're good to go
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    you have to make time for it, or it will never happen. you have to prioritise your health and cut something out, or squeeze something earlier or later.

either that, or if you have a lunch break at work, have a 20 minute walk / jog at lunch time. then if you can squeeze 20 extra minutes in the morning or the evening you are on the right track.

getting off the bus / train earlier, parking further away, taking the stairs instead of the lift

walk / ride to work / shops or whatever it is that you do that is close enough to home.
  • beverlyl64
    Options
    Get out of bed early, schedule it just like you do a business meeting or family time, make it a priority
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Agreed with the above... when your health is a priority, you just make the time. Health is my #2 priority behind my family. This includes working out (cardio, classes, strength) as well as taking the time to cook healthy meals for myself for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Which takes up a LOT of frickin' time in my day added up.

I like the saying...."somewhere, someone busier than you is xxx" where xxx is typically 'running', working out, etc.
  • patrick77327
    Options
    I agree with getting up earlier and try going to bed earlier to fit in a early morning workout. Some people if they can take an hour lunch break use 30 minutes of that to get in a workout or walk. 30 minutes of something is better than doing nothing at all. A big thing is to get into a routine. If getting up earlier works or over a lunch break, than stick to that routine and then you'll find that there is time and workouts become part of your day.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Sit down with your schedule. Decide how important your health is relative to everything else on your schedule, then find a place to write it into your calendar. Stick with it and I bet you might find that you have more energy and focus to attend to everything else on your list. Your health and well-being are important and they deserve to have that time.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I just put a halt to everthing and I make it my "me" time no matter what time of the day it is that I feel like excercising.. If I didn't do that, I would never have time to excercise, I'm always on the move.
  • hahnstein
    Options
    find things to do, if you drive to work park a couple blocks away and walk. If you live in an apartment complex take the stairs. Any activity burns calories, we burn calories just living. Your body burns either fat or carbs depending on the intensity of your activity. But when it comes to losing weight, calories are calories. You burn fat even when you're in couch-potato mode. Yet, a lot of misunderstanding prevails. Watch your carb intake on days you cant work out, if your body can't burn carbs it will burn fat. Low activity (or intensity) workouts like walking will burn fat better than high intensity workouts like cardio (during which your body burns carbs whicn are more readily available). Once the workout is sustained that ratio changes...but any activity is good activity. I would also suggest making yourself a priority at least 3 days (week days) go to bed early, wake early, workout early, nothing gives you the feeling of owning your domain like facing the day after a workout.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 min routine that gets my buddy, whom is a mma fighter, sweating and out of breath, no weights needed.

10 burpees
    10 mountain climbers
    10 squat jumps
    10 jacknifes
    Do all non-stop to complete 1 set, only take a short 20-30 second break after each set. Do 10 sets total.
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I put some stuff off until the weekends so I can go to bed early and get up late. Look at what you have to do and find ways to cut back and make time. There are so many workouts you can do. There are a bunch of 10 minute series, 30 day shred is 20 minutes and turbo jam has a 15 and 20 minute workout. While watching my tv shows, I do something, push ups, crunches, squats. I take breaks at work and do laps around a track that is behind my building. I spend half my lunch eating and the other half working out. Do 6 minutes of kettle bell swings and squats thrusts. Bottom line, I want to be around for a long time and taking care of myself will make sure that happens. Q
  • mcannis
    mcannis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to try this and add it to my exercise log. Do you have a guess at how many calories this will burn?

Thanks,
    Megan
  • mcannis
    mcannis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 min routine that gets my buddy, whom is a mma fighter, sweating and out of breath, no weights needed.

10 burpees
    10 mountain climbers
    10 squat jumps
    10 jacknifes
    Do all non-stop to complete 1 set, only take a short 20-30 second break after each set. Do 10 sets total.

I want to try this and add it to my exercise log. Do you have a guess at how many calories this will burn?

Thanks,
    Megan