Fit for a vacation

Options
kerrie95
kerrie95 Posts: 1 Member
I’m trying to lose 25 lbs before a trip…I am officially down 14 lbs!!! That’s basically the weight I gained during COVID.

Replies

• wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome. Keep up the good work. When at your goal remember how good you feel and keep that with you, even after your trip for long term success.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,614 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    @kerrie95

How long before your trip do you need to lose eleven more pounds?

Often the initial weight loss is fast, but then it often slows down. It starts faster as you have less "food in transit" through your digestive system, and it's also from using up glycogen stores. Glycogen is a way our body stores energy for quick use, and it carries water with it. In addition to just slowing down from that, you'd be well served to look for a slow rate of loss if you only have eleven pounds to go (or even 25 pounds). You might consider aiming for a half pound per week. That means if you're vigilant and stay on track, you would be down another eleven pounds around the first week in June.
    '
    Check out this informative chart from the "Most Helpful Posts" portion of this "Getting Started" category area:
    What is a good rate of loss for me?
    88a4gry2xzod.jpg