High protein Gluten Free Dairy Free breakfast ideas please!

Options
I need more protein :) I don’t love eggs.. making it work but any other go to items that are gluten free and dairy free would be awesome!

Answers

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @Carma4321, I enjoy acai smoothie bowls and collagen peptides in my morning coffee and oatmeal is a good choice, I also put the collagen in the oatmeal as well as nuts and seeds to boost the protein.. just recently found a plant based cereal that’s gluten free and dairy free called Catalina Crunch. I’ll eat the cereal with almond milk. I often times eat leftover dinner for breakfast. Breakfast doesn’t need to be “breakfast” foods. I’ve never been much of a breakfast eater myself…
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
    Yogurt.
    Add nutritional yeast to miso soup.
    Bean fritters.
    Anything high in protein even if it's not a "traditional" breakfast food.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot, where did you find a dairy free cottage cheese?? Dairy free yogurt is findable, full of crap and sugars, but I’ve yet to see a dairy free cottage cheese. I’d love to try that…
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    @mtaratoot, where did you find a dairy free cottage cheese?? Dairy free yogurt is findable, full of crap and sugars, but I’ve yet to see a dairy free cottage cheese. I’d love to try that…

There was a commercial one available, but I can't seem to find it now.

Now you have to make it on your own from tofu and nutritional yeast. Look online for recipes.

If lactose-free is good enough, you can find that. If you're looking for vegan, you have to make it yourself I guess.
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was gluten/dairy/egg/soy free for a while (still limit some of those things to keep my gut happy). Some of my favorite breakfasts were:
    Chorizo or bacon sauteeed with potatoes--a hash, so to speak. Add veggies of choice.
    Chia pudding--made with almond milk, I'd usually make it the night before and refrigerate.
    Overnight oats--same as above.
    Protein shake--almond milk, plant-based protein powder (I like Orgain), frozen berries, and some nut butter, all blended together.