ALWAYS STARVING HELP?

Options
I am a full time college student and get stressed out easily. I like a quick breakfast and an easy lunch... I always go out to a fast food joint with my friend on mondays... after my breakfast when 10 rolls around i'm starving. after lunch when 3 rolls around i'm in pain.... any food ideas that are low cal and filling?

Replies

• sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    More protein and fiber
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Veggies :] fill up on em!
  • persistenttiger
    persistenttiger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Protein and fibre will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Have cans of tuna in your bag for backup snacks, with fruit. Protein shakes are a good standby also. Spend a bit of time preparing nutritious food that you can take along with you, and you will be rewarded with more energy, faster results and a diet that is enjoyable, sustainable and easier to stick to!
  • XxBri22xX
    Options
    If I eat cereal for breakfast, I am hungry again in no time. So I started eating eggs. It's 70 calories and it keeps me full.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi fibre foods are filling...fruit, veggies. I know your a college student so next time you go shopping, grab some stuff, cut it up, put it in the fridge so it's always ready to go, easy to grab.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I always keep the 90 calorie fiber one bars with me and some string cheese. Something that you can stash in your bag.

Also, be sure you're drinking enough water. Your body will make you feel hungry if you're really only thirsty.
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    Yogurt with granola on it. I like string cheese and an apple for snack.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Avoid refined carbs (white bread, pastries, etc). These spike your blood sugar and your body produces more insulin to control it. This causes your blood sugar to plummet and you get a new sensation of hunger. Instead, opt for whole grains and protein in the morning (and all day long)!

I do one egg on a plain slice of whole wheat toast or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on a sliced apple. Higher protein foods are satiating so you will feel full longer.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    Options
    I hard boil eggs Sunday night and keep them in water in the fridge. Quick breakfast, low calories and it keeps me full longer :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    More protein and fiber

THIS^^....and low GI carbs...
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is fantastic for keeping full. Also (oven-baked, lightly oiled) homefries. Are you meeting your calorie goals, also?
  • gunther0013
    gunther0013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Buy a box of chocolate Fiber1 Bars. They are 140 calories and will hold you over till 11-12. Fiber is a natural hunger suppressant. But be prepared as the first few days you eat them, they will make you fart like crazy. Just sayin'
  • xochi71
    Options
    First,you need more protein in your food consumption.next, you need to find out your BMI and body fat %. You should be able to get from a local nutrition place for free. With that they can tell you how much protein you should have per meal. They should also recommend a lean protein shake for in between meals. It takes a little work to pac and carry but I lost 22 lbs and my friends r amazed at how much I eat and how much I am losing. Good Luck!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I hard boil eggs Sunday night and keep them in water in the fridge. Quick breakfast, low calories and it keeps me full longer :)
    This is what I was going to say! Hard-boiled eggs, cheese wedges, anything with plenty of protein. Carbs are burned (or stored as fat :frown: ) quickly. Protein burns more slowly and steadily, and also digests more slowly to start with, so you will feel full and energized for longer if you eat more protein. Depends on your particular metabolism & how efficient it is, everyone is different. But if you're getting hungry all the time, sounds like you may need to adjust your diet to allow for more protein & fewer carbs in your diet.