Early bird gets the worm...

Options
Problem is I hate mornings and to actually get an hour in at the gym, shower and get to work afterwards I have to wake up 2 1/2 hours early. I can do it so that's not the issue. Early in the morning I can barely muster a fast walk much a run, I just don't have energy. I have tried eating before and also tried not eating until afterwards.

So my question basically is can you train your body to have more energy? Mornings are the only time I can seem to fit working out in so it would be nice I didn't feel like I about to drop the whole time.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• TexasMamaTwo
    TexasMamaTwo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found an article on MSN through their health and fitness pages (FITBIE) about turning yourself into a morning person and how to work your way to getting up and getting going. It sounded like a great plan that didn't expect you to jump out of bed tomorrow morning and love every minute of being up early!
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a night person, and the only things that get me moving in the morning is decent sleep and very energetic music (along with a good deal of water and a cup of coffee). I'm so high-maintenance.
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can train your body to have more energy however if you get enough sleep and wake up everyday at the same time for a month your body will start getting used to it and it'll make things easier. Just make sure like the other person said drink lots of water. I notice when I drink water in the morning it wakes me up faster. If your heading to the gym start drinking the water before you get there. This way it hydrates your muscles and you don't develop cramps.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Thank-you, will try the waking up and drinking lots of water and try to find the link for the MSN thing.