Optavia 5 & 1 plan

Options
2»

Replies

• raerae1943
    raerae1943 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started today... Though not without a few hiccups, I'm not a fan of the oatmeal and I needed a little more sweetness to my coffee but I'm excited to see how I progress ;). If anyone has tips or a community group Is love the advice :)
  • DarlingEva
    DarlingEva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3. I've lost ~ 8 lbs. I haven't been as strict with my lean and greens and have had some fruit. How is everyone else doing with the no fruit? I don't feel hungry most of the time but when I exercise I'm exhausted. I know we aren't supposed to exercise but I'll be on this plan for 3-5 mos to get to a reasonable weight (ie BMI <35). Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing and if you have been able to stick with it!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you're not supposed to exercise?
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Because from what I understand the calorie intake is so low that there likely wouldn’t be fuel to exercise.
    Is my research correct in that you only eat 800-1000 cals per day on this plan???
    If so that’s totally unhealthy and not at all sustainable...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Because from what I understand the calorie intake is so low that there likely wouldn’t be fuel to exercise.
    Is my research correct in that you only eat 800-1000 cals per day on this plan???

OMG, that's a dangerous diet!

You're right, it's 800-1000 daily calories.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Is anyone in here on the Optavia 5 & 1 plan?

Me! Day 3.
  • Bronte3333
    Bronte3333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on Optavia’s 5/1 plan.
  • michellesorace
    michellesorace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am on it too, 33 days so far. Honestly, this is the longest I have ever stuck to it. I have only ever counted calories before but it got to be so time consuming. Plus, I would end up eating 100 calories of chips instead of something healthy. I like the structure of this, and I love most of the food! There have been a couple disgusting things, but mostly its delicious!
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to start this but am wondering if I can get the same results doing my own low calorie diet? Also - what does everyone do when you come off it? Do you gain weight back right away?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Mugs203 wrote: »
    I want to start this but am wondering if I can get the same results doing my own low calorie diet? Also - what does everyone do when you come off it? Do you gain weight back right away?

Yes, the reason you lose weight on the Optavia meals, or any other food, is the calorie deficit.

For some people, over restricting their diet for a measurable period of time wears away all their will power and when they try to return to "regular" eating, they binge or are simply unfamiliar with how to moderate regular foods and they end up gaining weight back. That certainly doesn't happen to everyone, but for some folks it's certainly a possibility.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Jaredmb86
    Jaredmb86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the 4 &2 &1 plan and it was great. Usually, when I don't workout that day I will do the 5 & 1 and when I do workout I will do the 4 & 2. I had great results when I was following the program.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the plan, day 6.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

OMG, that's a dangerous diet!

You're right, it's 800-1000 daily calories.

it's a crazy expensive diet..I have relatives that are on it. they all lost weight very quick but it is because of the extreme low calorie restrictions. I don't get why people just can't follow a balanced diet and count calories? it's pretty simple. I'm guessing the failure rate on this plan LIKE OTHERS is extreme...
  • KayeLynAshworth
    KayeLynAshworth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How can y'all manage the horrible tasting food? I'm forcing myself cause I paid a lot for this stuff but 🤢🤢🤢
  • hellokello
    hellokello Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Optavia is an MLM and a very restrictive and unsustainable diet. Please learn more before you get started with this, or any MLM-related "wellness" plan. You do not need to spend hundreds of dollars for prepackaged food powders to lose weight and be healthy. These "coaches" usually don't have any prior education, either, so taking health advice from them could be dangerous. Please just educate yourself before purchasing these programs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldBOpLr39M
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    mj9498dtct wrote: »
    How can y'all manage the horrible tasting food? I'm forcing myself cause I paid a lot for this stuff but 🤢🤢🤢

I don't believe anyone who posted that they were on it back when this thread started in 2019 is still an active poster today.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited January 21
    Options
    mj9498dtct wrote: »

I purchased OPTAVIA food many months ago without intending on doing the diet strictly. I was doing it mainly for the easy high protein low calorie foods.

There were some that were absolutely disgusting and I won't eat them. There are others that are actually quite good and I love them.

I love the fudge pudding, I love the bars, I love the butterscotch blondie. I like the buttermilk mac and cheese and the rustic penne pasta. I like the biscuit mixes especially if I toast them after I make them in the microwave.

My favorite thing is to do the mashed potatoes in a mini waffle iron and make them a crunchy potato waffle. They are delicious. The shakes are pretty good especially if I supplement with some fruit.

Right now I am eating them because I want to finish up what I have. I have stockpiled quite a few. But I am combining them with regular food and staying within a reasonable calorie limit.

I just stopped ordering the things I hated. I use my fitness pal to keep my nutrition in check and make sure I'm getting enough calories and enough micronutrients. Then I'm going to stop once I'm finished with the food I have.

I've lost about 22 lb over the course of a year. I would have lost more had I been more careful about staying on track with logging my foods and staying within my calorie goal.

I would never recommend this to anyone. It's not sustainable and it is expensive. But for me it serves a purpose. I may continue to purchase some of the favorite ones that I like. But I'm definitely not following their recommended plan. It's way too extreme.
  • tonifrench
    tonifrench Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am!