Top 5 Reasons I don't watch The Biggest Loser?

Options
5.Telling people it's ok to be losing 15, 20, or even 30 pounds in a week is ridiculous....
4.If I want to see grown men cry, I will go watch Rudy or Field of Dreams...
3. If anyone at home at the size of these contestants tried these workouts at home from day 1, they would most likely be seriously injured - or die.....
2. I don't ever want to think that losing ONLY 1 or 2 pounds in a week is a failure.....

And the number one reason that I don't watch The Biggest Loser anymore:

1. I don't have 2 hours to waste - BECAUSE i WILL BE AT THE FREAKIN GYM!

Replies

• XxBri22xX
    Options
    So true! (:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    YES! *claps*
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I watch it without commercials on DVR because it's so long, but I like the idea of shows that are doing some good in the end, instead of just consuming time. People's lives really are changed.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    amen!:drinker:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    *searching for the like button* Totally agree with you!
  • NianMaya
    Options
    you're right on!
  • kamoira23
    Options
    I've never gotten into the biggest loser, but my sister watches it and I actually see a lot of people watching it at the gym on Tuesday nights. I definitely thought the same thing about the extreme weight loss, but if all you're doing is devoting every minute of every day to working out and eating correctly while being HEAVILY supervised by doctors, it makes it more safe. Yes, I still think that you're body probably can't handle that drastic of a change, but you have to realize how supervised the contestants are. Plus that much weight loss per week only happens in the beginning when you're body is like "wtf are you doing to me?"

I do completely agree with you for number 2, but it also kind of goes back to what I was just saying. If you're analyzing every thing going into your body and working out 10 hours a day, a 1-2lb weight loss isn't what you should be having.

Again, these people are HEAVILY SUPERVISED and us regular folk definitely should be proud of 1-2lbs a week!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1) No Jillian
    2 through 5) No Jillian

:P
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i miss celebrity fit club..it motivated me for the duration of the show, but this was way before i started my WL journey..LoL,,makes me wish it was still on
  • ABIGgirl
    Options
    HELL to the YEAH!
  • w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Watch it at the gym for motivation!
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Well...I am watching it so I can slobber on the tv screen when Dovell (sp) is on...geesh...what a wonderous machine that guy is!!!!!!

:love:
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I watch the biggest loser...but I have DVR so the 2 hours is more like an hour and 15 minutes. I don't like that they soon learn to manipulate water weight to get a better number on the scale. Still, it inspires me to lose weight and continue on my journey...though it be not as quick as the contestants.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I hate Biggest Loser for all those reasons, plus the fact that most of the winners have actually gone on to gain most of the weight back, proving that the entire show is basically a farce, and is absolutely not sustainable.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy watching people screaming and yelling at each other.
    Every time I see a clip of Jillian getting 3 inches from someone's face and yelling at them I just wish they would tell her "Oh yeah? Well F-you!!!"
  • wifeygettingfit
    Options
    I used to be more of a fan but now I watch it TiVo'd on fast-forward! slowing it down at the challenges and weigh-in's -- I enjoy hearing the contestants "stories" and seeing the transformations. I do believe the contestants are heavily monitored and the excessive weight loss in the beginning is purely (I believe) retained water! I don't miss Jillian. I never really like her anyway not because she screamed & yelled, but I get the feeling she could suck up all the energy & oxygen in a room. just saying.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    ahhhh.. I love biggest loser and I missed it today I rushed home from shopping only to find my daughter watching her TV 90210 in her room and my son blasting Sonic X videos on my TV honestly I've decided I need my own TV in the kitchen again.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I only watched it once and was also surprised at how much weight they lost the first week. But they went from being couch potatoes stuffing their faces to eating healthy and working out REALLY hard, plus they start out morbidly obese so it's not that shocking I guess. I don't think there's anything inherently terrible about it.

Watching this season's premiere and seeing them talk about how they've watched the show for years though, I can't help but wonder why someone would watch that show and continue on with the same bad habits. I'm glad they are finally "able" to make a change now that they're on the show, but I can see most of them gaining it all back.

It's not that motivating for me because I'm not morbidly obese. I'd be more interested in watching some people go from pudgy to ripped, but whatever. I'll watch it.
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well...I am watching it so I can slobber on the tv screen when Dovell (sp) is on...geesh...what a wonderous machine that guy is!!!!!!

:love:

DITTO! :love:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I watch it EVERY tuesday! It motivates me for the week to bust my butt in the gym! I know I am going to lose slowly but it motivates me to work out my hardest. I always think, "if those people can do it then I know I can!"