Right or wrong here??? Or maybe indifferent???

Options
I hurt my ankle at work today. (No, not looking for sympathy just an answer on the calorie thing.) My daily calories is 1700 calories for two pound weight loss a week. Since I am pretty much immobile for the time being do I cut that down to the minimum 1200 and limit carbs??? I just don't wanna gain weight this week!!! UGH!!!!

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    MFP sets your calories to where there is a deficit without any exercise. If you only eat 1,700 or less/day, ideally you should still lose weight. Unfortunately there are other factors - like sodium, hormones, etc - that come in to play and skew the results. I would recommend slightly reducing your caloric intake, eat plenty of fiber, drink plenty of water, and google shadow boxing. Shadow boxing is an excellent way to get in some cardio without being on that ankle.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    yeah - lots of exercise can be done sitting...chair dancing...google Richard Simmons DVD's for this.

:drinker:
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I recently hurt my ankle as well. I actually kept eating the calories set for me on 0 exercise and continued to lose just from being aware of my calorie intake at all times. You will be fine just rest and heal because you need time to recover. :flowerforyou:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Your calories are there for you to eat before you exercise. So even if you eat all of them, you should still lose. Just make sure you're set to sedentary for the activity level!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. New to this so I just didn't want this to hinder me continuing. I am a book of excuses and TRUST ME, I already had to ward off the thought that this is a sign I am not suppose to workout and lose weight! GRRRRRR!!! The negativity barrier is not going to get me this time if I can help it!!!!!!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. New to this so I just didn't want this to hinder me continuing. I am a book of excuses and TRUST ME, I already had to ward off the thought that this is a sign I am not suppose to workout and lose weight! GRRRRRR!!! The negativity barrier is not going to get me this time if I can help it!!!!!!!

It's a sign that life will throw what it wants at you and YOU WON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Set it at sedentary activity and O exercise. It says now 1500 calorie. So I will keep it set there until I am up and moving my normal again.

Thanks again for all the help!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Sore ankle here too ... also started 2 weeks off work (which keeps me moving), so I changed activity level in MFP.

I still walk and it still hurts, but better a sore foot than, well you know what I mean.