What am I doing wrong?

Options
I am in complete limbo. I exercise daily. And eat about 1200 or less calories. Why am I not loosing weight. What works best for you? I need new ideas. I generally run for 45 mins or do calisthenics about the same time. Would anyone mind helping me find a new way to do things? I am sick of the same routine.

Replies

• PatientBearTiger
    Options
    I exercise daily. And eat about 1200 or less calories.

EAT

YOUR

EXERCISE

CALORIES

That's all.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    From reading previous posts similar to yours, you are not eating enough.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    You are not eating enough...I don't eat back my exercise calories but I usually stay at 1400-1500 whether I work out or not...1200 or less is not enough..Google starvation mode
  • shannahjane4
    Options
    In my weight loss experience I've had to really switch it up, maybe eating something completely different or maybe trying a different exercise, Zumba, hiking, something that works your mind too, if that makes sense! Good luck! Hope it gets better!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Never eat less than 1,200 calories per day and add weight training AT LEAST twice a week. I don't usually eat my exercise calories back, but that's at the advice of a personal trainer - very debated topic on here. I say find what works for you and stick to it until it doesn't work anymore. But seriously - weight train - you won't regret it.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    I agree. You need to eat more. My limit is 1430/day but usually I eat about 1200/day if I don't work out...If I workout, I will eat around 1400...I don't eat all my exercise calories though. Very controversial topic on here! lol. But Everyone is different. But you need to eat 1200 at the very least because if you don't, your body will hold on to the fat reserves you have because it thinks it's starving. Try eating 1400 and see what happens. Or even try eating all your exercise calories back....It's a trial and error thing. What calorie allowance did MFP give you?
  • charly_80
    Options
    I find weight training helps break through the plateaus. I have some fav DVD's to help with weight training especially the Jari Love DVD's. If I do it 3 times per week and stick with it I can break thru a plateau.