What’s next?

Options
Hello from Texas! I’ve lost 55 pounds this year using only the Fitness Pal food suggestions and fasting. But I have stalled. I need the last 20 pounds gone to be at a healthy weight. Am I destined to start a workout? I can’t get motivated for that. Is their another good food option?

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Why not work out? It's great for your health and your body composition, and probably posture too. And as you suggested, it helps to create a calorie deficit.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss progress! That's really impressive. If working out isn't your thing, you don't have to do that. You've already figured out you can lose weight without exercising. Hitting a plateau happens, don't worry about it. If it lasts over 6 weeks, re-evaluate what you're eating or just take a break and eat maintenance calories for awhile, then start again. It's normal to stall out. No big deal. If you want to, walk 20 minutes around your neighborhood to take your mind off of this.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions?

I agree with the idea that it might be a temporary stall if it hasn't been longer than a month or so. That's especially true if you were losing at a reasonable rate that suddenly stopped, rather than loss slowly tapering off over several weeks. If it slowly tapered off, I'm kind of back to "smaller portions" being the more likely solution.

That's assuming you don't want to work out. Workouts are optional for weight loss.

But would it make any difference if you thought of it as "moving more throughout the day in enjoyable, practical ways" rather than "doing workouts"? Exercise doesn't have to be some miserably intense, punitive thing.

Do something fun that involves more moving than you usually do, like an active VR or video game, play with kids, go dancing, take a walk in the park, whatever. Any extra movement burns some calories, and is more health promoting than inactivity.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    You can click and shop or you can walk through or even TO the mall! Each spends progressively more calories!

Well done so far. The vast majority of health benefits are in the bag. Nothing wrong with spending a lot of time doing the last bit. Call it developing / honing your future maintenance skills