I seriously need some motivation.

Options
I have been doing Insanity for almost a month now and everyday I am under my calorie goal, and yet I have only lost 6lbs. I mean...6lbs is good and all, but it is seriously disheartening. I feel like I am doing all this work and I do not really have anything to show for it. I'm not going to give up or anything like that. I just wish I knew why I can't lose. It is so annoying. All I drink is water and I watch what I eat, and like I said, I do Insanity and I never skip a day. What gives?

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Someone else is going to ask this too, have any of your measurements gone down such as waist etc? How is insanity working out for you? I have it at home and I know it's self-paced as in you do what you can, but maybe add some weights to it if possible, or try some weight training if you aren't doing so already?
  • jerlindsey
    jerlindsey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like my measurements have gone down, but honestly I haven't measured with a tape measure. Shirts are starting to feel a little looser which is a major plus. I guess I just wish I had more of a result? I don't know lol. Yeah Insanity is self paced, but I try to keep up with them as much as I possibly can. I do all the exercises and I push myself and "dig deeper" as Shawn T would say. I'm covered in sweat by the time I finish each exercise and it definitely looks like I have been working hard lol. I was considering doing some strength training. Nothing too major though. Was also thinking about going jogging too (I know...jogging right after insanity really does sound insane) just to try and burn off even more calories.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. amazingly eating more makes you burn more, makes you lose more. Odd science, but it works.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    A 6# loss in a month is good. Very good. Just keep doing what you are doing. And measure yourself. That tells a lot more than the scale tells! How your clothes fit and how energetic you feel compared to before you started should also give you some important information.

The scale is not all that counts, but seriously, your scale is counting NICELY. You are doing great. We can't just *blink* off the weight - it takes work. And you are DOING IT!
  • jerlindsey
    Options
    Yeah I was actually trying to eat more this week. Like little snacks every couple of hours between meals...something like that. I did find that I was feeling fuller after I did that, something I seriously need to keep in mind and stick with for sure.
  • jerlindsey
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah I know the scale is only one aspect of weight loss, but sometimes it just feels great to look down and see that number go down haha, but I get what you mean! Sometimes it would be nice to blink away this fat! Haha, but I totally understand it takes a lot of hard work and dedication and I am definitely there! Just gotta keep working hard.
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Insanity, but don't forget muscle is also heavier than fat ... so while you may be losing fat, you're building muscle and the numbers on the scale aren't reflecting that.

I only lost 4 lbs. in my first three weeks of a strength-training, boot camp-style class, then 4 lbs. in one week. But I could definitely tell a difference in inches -- I had to move the seat forward a notch in my car :smile:

Don't lose hope!
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think the best part of the scale is being able to look down and actually see the numbers without leaning forward. Not so much the numbers that are on it.
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i think youve done BRILLIANT !!! i dont know if i could do that work out every day for a month , and remember , in 4 months you will have lost 2 stone (24 pounds) which is frikkin fantastic .... its taken me 18 months to loose 4 stone (48 pounds) and i have had a few weeks where i couldnt loose anything :(:(:( i was so exasperated , feeling hungry from waking up to going to sleep that i nearly gave up , i was like..."whats the frikkin point man"

JUST STICK WITH IT DUDE , its all good in the long term :):):)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    oops I didn't see that it was 6lbs in a month. Like quietlywinning said that's a good weightloss for that amount of time. The main thing is to stick with it, and yes start running-I absolutely hate doing it, but I feel good when I'm done. Also, I recently start strength training with weights. It's amazing how quickly you lose inches by using them.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    definitely eat more. For something that fast paced and every day you NEED to eat. A lot. Or else your body just won't have the energy to keep pulling through.

And don't worry about weight. You're seeing results. That's good. Isn't it?