Zoe programme

Options
Hi everyone, "I would like your thoughts on Zoe Membership. It's tailored to your body's nutrient response, and I'm considering it. I'm not interested in anything heavily advertised by celebrities and am currently using the free MFP app. So, be honest and share your thoughts. Thank you."

Best Answers

• Bansheee24
    Bansheee24 Posts: 28 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I asked my doc about it and he said it’s a load of bull 💩.
    I’ll take his word he’s more educated on biology than me 😁
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,899 Member
    edited January 24 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's pretty slick. I would say it's probably the most advanced "promoted dietary strategy" around. The gist is basically they look at your blood glucose numbers at base line, after a meal and the time it takes to come back to base line, which is involved and sophisticated in the way they gather that information and then determine where on the spectrum your carbohydrate tolerance level is, which has merit, no doubt about it. they also look at your poop and suggest they can help with the microbiome. Basically they're in the business of reducing sugar's in your diet which by default when reduced, people generally see more satiation, health markers improves, weight comes off, pretty basic stuff. They will direct you to replace highly refined foods, especially any that are ultra processed with more whole foods all wrapped up in a nice package with scientific reasoning and proof to separate you from your money. It should work and I suspect they get good results if you follow their instruction. I mean when you replace crap food with whole food good things happen, it's not rocket science but they're hoping you believe it is. Like I said, it's pretty slick with all the apparatus's you get in the mail, even a glucose monitor, which needs monitoring and analyzed and and.....it could also be exactly what some people need in order to achieve weight loss nirvana.
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 69 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check out the Zoe podcast. It has some good information about different health topics with different guests, usually leaders in health and nutrition science.

Answers

• nigeypiggy
    nigeypiggy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's pretty slick. I would say it's probably the most advanced "promoted dietary strategy" around. The gist is basically they look at your blood glucose numbers at base line, after a meal and the time it takes to come back to base line, which is involved and sophisticated in the way they gather that information and then determine where on the spectrum your carbohydrate tolerance level is, which has merit, no doubt about it. they also look at your poop and suggest they can help with the microbiome. Basically they're in the business of reducing sugar's in your diet which by default when reduced, people generally see more satiation, health markers improves, weight comes off, pretty basic stuff. They will direct you to replace highly refined foods, especially any that are ultra processed with more whole foods all wrapped up in a nice package with scientific reasoning and proof to separate you from your money. It should work and I suspect they get good results if you follow their instruction. I mean when you replace crap food with whole food good things happen, it's not rocket science but they're hoping you believe it is. Like I said, it's pretty slick with all the apparatus's you get in the mail, even a glucose monitor, which needs monitoring and analyzed and and.....it could also be exactly what some people need in order to achieve weight loss nirvana.

Dear [Name],

Thank you for your comprehensive and insightful response. I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge on the topic of the promotion. While I was initially intrigued by the offer, I ultimately decided that I am not easily persuaded by sudden trends. Your response helped to confirm my decision, and I am grateful for your input.

I must admit, however, that I remain very interested in the science and advice provided by the organization. Although I will not be purchasing a membership. I will continue to follow their research and recommendations. In fact, much of my current dietary habits are already influenced by the knowledge that I have gleaned from their work.

Once again, Thank you.

• nigeypiggy
    Options
    Check out the Zoe podcast. It has some good information about different health topics with different guests, usually leaders in health and nutrition science.

Hi, yeh already a listener and viewer, I get enough info from those to influence my choices when choosing what to eat. Thank you.
  • nigeypiggy
    Options
    dearjo5421 wrote: »
    I asked my doc about it and he said it’s a load of bull 💩.
    I’ll take his word he’s more educated on biology than me 😁

I am not going to dismiss it as far as the advice on foodstuffs is concerned because the evidence is proven in so much of what they say. I just won't fall for the hard sell. Instead, it's wise to take some time to watch food videos on YouTube and get some ideas before making a decision.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    I looked at it seriously. Like you and neanderthin, I see a lot of merit in it.

Like you, I have temporarily decided against it. In my case, diabetes doesn't run in my family, type 1 or 2.
    I don't like carb heavy foods as much as I love fat and protein. And I rarely crave sweets. When I do, I'd rather have grapes than a candy bar, mostly I'd rather have a steak. My A1c was good when last checked.

It seems like Zoe would be a lot more helpful to someone who had a problem with blood sugar or carbs.
  • nigeypiggy
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    I looked at it seriously. Like you and neanderthin, I see a lot of merit in it.

Like you, I have temporarily decided against it. In my case, diabetes doesn't run in my family, type 1 or 2.
    I don't like carb heavy foods as much as I love fat and protein. And I rarely crave sweets. When I do, I'd rather have grapes than a candy bar, mostly I'd rather have a steak. My A1c was good when last checked.

It seems like Zoe would be a lot more helpful to someone who had a problem with blood sugar or carbs.

Thank you for your response! Although I don't have a strong affinity for sweet foods, I do occasionally treat myself to a slice of cake during the weekend. I too monitor my blood sugar levels, but daily, and they are within the healthy range. Currently, I am content with my diet, so like you, I won't be investing any of my hard-earned money in a Zoe subscription.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,899 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your welcome. Tim Spector takes reductionist thinking to the extreme in my opinion. What I mean by that is because he focuses on specific aspects of nutrition, those become his antithesis and ethos. Can't really blame him as it's the status quo is western medicine and the perfect example was still another butter-margarine comparison I saw in my news feed this morning.....the basic premise that whole food is better for human physiology and where they promote it for better health shouldn't be something that appears allusive to anyone, and like many decent scientists in nutrition he's coming to similar conclusions and his motivation just happens to be certain micronutrients. Basically all roads lead to Rome. He uses good science and for sure has good information but it should be tempered with the full breath of opinion and science.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    In all likelihood, it amounts to an elaborate way to separate you from your money.

It is unlikely to reveal something that you don't already know. That is, you should eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, good quality lean meats/fish and dairy (if you are omnivorous) and that is generally okay to eat things that are minimally processed (mostly NOVA Group 1 & 2 foods, a smattering of Group 3 foods, and AVOID Group 4).

As a non-diabetic, if you want the insight that may come from utilizing a continuous glucose monitor for a period of time, there are likely much less expensive options, depending on where you live.

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    I have just bitten the bullet and signed up having wanted to do so ages and ages ago and not ‘got it out of my system’ so to speak. It’s expensive but hey.
    I’m most interested in the gut biome aspect more so than the blood sugar monitoring.

They gave me a ‘refer a friend’ code if anyone is thinking to join I can happily share and we both benefit.
  • Alex_J_Sutherland
    Alex_J_Sutherland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm into my fourth week and finding it useful. I agree with most of what's said here. It is expensive (well It comes in boxes reminiscent of Apple) and much of it is material you can pick up elsewhere about a balanced diet. But it's motivational for me and I'm learning more about food and how out interacts with me personally than I could work out myself. I'd suggest avoiding the attractive pricing of signing up for a whole year. I took the 4 months option and think I'll have got what I need by then.
  • JoTwymanUK
    JoTwymanUK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear an update on what they think about it now. Thanks!
  • asw54
    asw54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am into week 4 and have not lost a bean! In fact gained 3 lbs...and I find losing weight very hard at best of times, especially in post menopause...I thought this would be the holy grail but I feel very despondent. Do some research and especially look at some of the Zoe Facebook groups, some have lost but there are a fair few like me who have not. I will stick it out for 4 months then prob go back to limiting calories. In terms of health...I already was eating healthily before and all my zoe scores were good post testing. The only benefit I felt was acid reflux reduced but honestly do not feel any better sleep, energy etc and so upset about a gain! If things change for better will post but I have no great hopes I'm afraid. However it may work for others. I'm sure I've wrecked my metabolism by restricting calories and my weight went up and stayed up during menopause...therefore nothing works for me