No Consistency

Options
Makkar86
Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
edited January 26 in Getting Started
Am not able to be consistent with my calorie intake ... max 1 week

Even am not logging diary... it gets that inconsistent not sure what's wrong with me hahaha

Suggestions are welcome

cheers 🍻

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    You'll do what you have to do when you decide to do it and not a minute sooner. :flowerforyou:

This is something only you can figure out.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Are you just trying to be consistent with your logging/intake? Or also aiming to change many other things at the same time (decreasing calories, changing what you eat, increase activity level...)?
    Changing one thing at a time usually tends to 'stick' better.
    It also helps to know your 'why': deep down, what are you trying to achieve and why?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,404 Member
    Options
    What Lietchi said. Also, do you manage to brush your teeth every day or do you need motivation to do so? This is the kind of consistency you should be looking at: something you just do without thinking much about it. I know it's not easy to get there, but it's possible.
  • AndrewMalais
    AndrewMalais Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Choose your hard:

-Being Consistent with your macros
    or
    -Being unhappy with your results
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    may sound harsh but you don’t want it badly enough!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Makkar86 wrote: »
    Are you trying to cut calories super hard for fast loss? Don't. Cut calories to somewhat under maintenance, but not crazy far under. Slow loss you can stick with can get a person to goal weight in less calendar time than some extreme restriction that results in deprivation-triggered bouts of over-eating, breaks in the action, or even giving up altogether.

Don't try to make weight loss fast; try to make it easy (at least relatively easy).
    Even am not logging diary... it gets that inconsistent not sure what's wrong with me hahaha

Well, I don't know you.

If I say I want some result, but I don't put in the work that I know is required to get that result, I figure what I'm doing is wishful thinking. If I don't commit, if I don't put in the effort, I'm telling myself pretty stories about wanting that outcome, I don't really want it. I need to be honest with myself about that.

That said, logging calories is optional. It's not the only way to lose weight, it's just one (IMO) really good one.

Anything that gets a person eating fewer than weight-maintenance calories will result in weight loss, whether they count the calories or not. Consider eating half or three-quarters of your usual potions of everything, substituting zero calorie beverages for sugary ones, increasing the portions of veggies and decreasing the portions of fillers like pasta/rice/bread, eating fried foods only rarely, or any of dozens of other changes in routine that lead in the right direction.
    Suggestions are welcome

cheers 🍻

Some 🍻 can happen during weight loss (based on my track record), but maybe less than during weight gain. :flowerforyou:

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Makkar86 wrote: »

Suggestions are welcome

cheers 🍻

Change your wording from "I am not able to be consistent" to "I don't want to be consistent". Now you know what your problem is.