When to weigh in?

Options
So I recently replaced my old mechanical scale with an electric one and i'm loving how accurate it is!

But i seem to be addicted to weighing myself :S

How often do you weigh your self? Once a week?

And when? Morning / Evening?

Hvae a fabulous day!

7614713.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Marazene
    Options
    In the morning after you use the restroom.

Its hard not to weigh yourself once a week, but I would pick one day a week that you actually record your weight. Always wear the same thing...either jammies or in the buff...and always first thing after you wake up and after you have used the restroom.
  • Littliebiatch
    Options
    I personally believe there are no rules on how many times you weigh yourself..... as long as it does not become an unhealthy obsession of course. As rule of thumb for me is that I generally weigh myself first thing in the morning, and weigh myself when ever I feel like it...... for me it is a motivator, even if the scale only drops 100gram...... Yes digital scales are awesome!!!!!!!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log it at skinnyr.com. They have a great graph feature. I only log my lowests here on MFP.

Once I reach ultimate goal, I plan to weigh weekly. :)
  • StefThi
    StefThi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have got the same trouble. I am weighing myself way too often and am disappointed because from day to day (or 2 days) nothing seems to change really. But that is total nonsense. The body needs time to digest the food you eat and get it out of your system... The probably best thing is to way yourself ones a week, in the morning/fairly the same time of day (so your stomach is empty (water weighs a lot and will alter your result)). , and naked/with same clothes.
    Even though I know all this i still have trouble sticking to it and keep on jumping on the scale first thin in the morning when I wake up. But I am not taking the number I see as serious as I used to. As long as I feel right that's brilliant,...
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log every drop when it occurs. If it bumps back up the next day, I give it a couple of days to drop back down - so far it always has. This approach keeps me focused on doing my very best every day. I know myself well enough to know that if I did that weekly weigh-in thing, I would slack off for 4-5 days and then kill myself for the last couple of days before the weigh-in. You have to do what works for your psychology.
  • Dreamin_Skinny
    Options
    My scale is in my kitchen as a reminder that the food I stuff into my face is directly linked to that number on the scale. I weigh myself almost everytime I go in the kitchen. It helps me remember the big picture. I weigh too much too, I know. I think I'm going to stick with Weekend Weigh-In. I will still weigh myself but I will I won't get depressed about the numbers fluxuating throughout the week. Saturday/Sunday is my true weight.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I've only been weighing myself this week - but every morning and evening!

I've already seen a slight loss, BUT i think that any increase may throw me psychologically.

So yes, a once a week, in the morning, in the BUFF! :) weigh-in sounds good to me.