What parts of 30DS do you hate most???

Options
I am only on day 7 of level one, but man I hate the front shoulder raises. But more than that I hate it when she talks about fear leaving the body. Stuff the fear, it's the FAT I want to leave!

Replies

• caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    hmmm... i have jumping rope and push ups in level one!
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hate jumping jacks. And I hate lunges. It hurts my feet when I do them as I have injured them in the past. So I just do squats instead.
  • mznelle
    mznelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jumping rope for sure!!!! ughhh
  • isazrainbow
    Options
    The side lunge with front (anterior) raise. Those kill me every time.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Those are brutal after a while. I hate the push ups only because I just can't do them- not that I don't want to I just can't( had a surgery on one wrist when I was younger). Today should be the 3rd day but after the first two I'm way to sore, need a day off- back on tomorrow. That's what I get for being all gun ho on the first day thinking this is great I'll be able to do this! HA!
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    anything having to do with my back and / or shoulders - I feel like my arms are going to fall off. I hate when she says something about "takes the place of hours of phoning it in at the gym" and a few other of her phrases annoy me but I like that she's not too perfect looking or smiley. I don't want some implant-Barbie doll smiling the whole time telling me I can do it when I can't even see because we are only on the warm up and the sweat is already in my eyes and the only workout I want to do at that moment is punch the instructor in the face for being so damn happy! So thats why I like Jillian...she's NOT that instructor. I should get her out of the bottom of the closet and brush the dust off it. Its been too long! Also I don't think the cool down stretches are long enough, but for 20 minutes, its pretty damn awesome!
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    anything having to do with my back and / or shoulders - I feel like my arms are going to fall off. I hate when she says something about "takes the place of hours of phoning it in at the gym" and a few other of her phrases annoy me but I like that she's not too perfect looking or smiley. I don't want some implant-Barbie doll smiling the whole time telling me I can do it when I can't even see because we are only on the warm up and the sweat is already in my eyes and the only workout I want to do at that moment is punch the instructor in the face for being so damn happy! So thats why I like Jillian...she's NOT that instructor. I should get her out of the bottom of the closet and brush the dust off it. Its been too long! Also I don't think the cool down stretches are long enough, but for 20 minutes, its pretty damn awesome!

haha snap, my fav saying from JIllian is when she says "i know your probably thinking of turning off this dvd, dont even think about it" it was like she was reading my mind ,makes me giggle everytime, though its halfway through the last set of cardio so it prob more like a snort lol.

my most hated things are the lunges, and used to hate the jump rope , but i dont think its too bad now, oh and i hate push ups..ouch
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I've only done 3 days, but I'm hating the side lunges!! And I'm not fond of the jump rope...I can't seem to get my feet to leave the ground at the same time!! (more tired calves then lack of co-ordination)
  • Gia627
    Options
    I'm somewhere in Level 2...haven't kept track of the days because I don't do it everyday (somedays I'm sore and others I try to switch it up). I am hating the very beginning when you have to do walking push ups...I hurt my wrist somehow (?) and I can barely do the push up part because of that, not because I can't!

I think there's a way on the DVD menu to turn off her talking for those of you that don't want to hear her...I haven't gotten annoyed with her yet so I haven't tried it!!

Good luck everyone!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I did the Shred I always dredded the chair squat with v raises in level 3, I never had the strength to do all reps.
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I haven´t done the shred for a while due to gynae probs and awaiting a hysterectomy, but I so HATE jumping jacks, I always need to pee, sorry if TMI lol. Hopefully this will no longer be a problem once I´m fully recovered!! :bigsmile:
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Worst part for me is the skipping, it completely kills my calves. No idea if its from running in the morning or i have a really crappy technique most of the time im doing some sort of weird alternate foot boxing skip shuffle but it still makes me sweat so i figure it counts
  • Brainsurgeon
    Brainsurgeon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and I can't stand the plank jumps. I refuse to skip any days just so I can get through those nasty things as quickly as possible :devil:
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Same as Nic620, I am taking today off. For me I think it is the side...leg...things,, you know. I sure they will get easier as I do them. Just feel awkward right now. I'm hoping that by the time we visit our sons in CO next June, I will be stronger for rock climbing. EASY climbs, though.
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Also want to add the abs since I have scoliosis in my upper back. Very hard to lay on the floor. But I will say that my abs are sore so at least I feel I did something. Yayyy.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I haven´t done the shred for a while due to gynae probs and awaiting a hysterectomy, but I so HATE jumping jacks, I always need to pee, sorry if TMI lol. Hopefully this will no longer be a problem once I´m fully recovered!! :bigsmile:

Ok I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Sometimes I have to stop the dvd and run and pee. I think it is from having three kids though.

My most hated part is the planks in level 2 I liked level 3 but dang the planks get me. I am doing my second round.
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options
    I am only on day 7 of level one, but man I hate the front shoulder raises. But more than that I hate it when she talks about fear leaving the body. Stuff the fear, it's the FAT I want to leave!

Exactly this! The second round of shoulder raises really kills me. Also, I'm not a big fan of the jump rope round 2...
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options

OMG, I'm so glad I'm not alone...I feel like I should be wearing Depends, especially during the jump rope! What babies do to our bodies :) thankfully they are cute and worth it!
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 2, ALL OF IT! i cant do a lot on level 2 due to my hip replacement so i am sticking to level 1 because i can do it strong and am doing the exercises right. then i do my walk like a runner video and put in a couple miles.