what to eat when not hungry/cant be bothered

Options
right now, its tea time. But I'm not hungry hungry, and because of that I have no inspiration as to what to have for tea/dinner/meal at the end of the day. I expect to go for a walk with S later, so I know I need/ought to eat something. But what?

What do you have for times when you cant be bothered?

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    yogurt always does the trick for me
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Why are you eating if you're not hungry?
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find tinned Soup is good or scrabbled egg without bread..but sometimes this might be the time to have something you find naughty like a couple of biscuits.
  • bundmoehrchen
    bundmoehrchen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of eating when you're not hungry. It messes up your body's natural rhythm and that can lead to gaining weight quickly when you don't watch what you're eating.

If you're afraid of getting hungry while outside pack a (healthy) snack and when you do get hungry just sit down(!) somewhere and enjoy your snack.

Unless you're diabetic there's no reason to keep to a strict food plan - and even then it's more important to check whether your blood sugar is low. A healthy human with a working pancreas, no insulin resistance and a healthy liver can cope with a bit of hunger once in a while.

Just make sure that you always know what to eat when you do get hungry as our body likes to trick us into eating quickly available but eventually empty calories in the form of sugar to replenish our reserves. Not that it will actually do us any good in the long run.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options

bcuz sometimes if you dont later you will all of a sudden be starving and might make a bad choice or over eat
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    at times like this I dont eat but I do take fruit and a cereal bar with me incase I need it while out on the walk
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree with trisharrell...this HAS happened to me :sad:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options

bcuz sometimes if you dont later you will all of a sudden be starving and might make a bad choice or over eat

this ^ - and I will be walking for an hour or so this evening. I wont get back til late and I cant eat that close to bed time. Even without the exercise tonight, there are 600+ calories 'remaining' on the days allowance.
  • Ninnyk
    Ninnyk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I normally have some scrambled eggs (without the bread), a piece of fruit, some Ryvita thins or a bowl of cereal. This normally does the trick for me to ward off eating bad stuff later when I am hungry.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    keep some nuts on hand.....almonds or pecans are my favorites and loaded with nutrients. If you like yogurt, that' works well, too.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I would just take it as a bonus and not eat
  • bundmoehrchen
    bundmoehrchen Posts: 4 Member
    Options

this ^ - and I will be walking for an hour or so this evening. I wont get back til late and I cant eat that close to bed time. Even without the exercise tonight, there are 600+ calories 'remaining' on the days allowance.

Eating when you're not hungry is maybe just as bad as eating the wrong stuff when you're 'starving'. You're confusing your hormones and natural control mechanisms.

Also, don't worry just about the calories. You're body is giving you a very clear signal that it's fine right now. Plan a light snack and take it along in case you do get hungry, but don't feel compelled to eat it just because you have it with you or because there's still calories in your daily allowance.
  • mommygirl81
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with sunbutter! That always tastes delicious and adds calories but doesn't upset my stomach if I'm not hungry.