Help me pick out my next tattoo...

Options
I made it to ONEderland more than a week ago and I keep losing... I want to celebrate with a new tattoo. :smile: Wanna help me pick it out? Pretty easy criteria: must have a Christian meaning. I'm thinking about a script tat across the upper back or maybe tribal on my left shoulder. I might consider something on the chest if I can get it on the upper chest/top of shoulder area.

Anyone? Have at it!

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was looking around a bit....and while this won't work for you...it's freaking awesome!!!

Tattoo-19-the-most-ironic-tattoo.jpg
  • hstallings13
    Options
    Okay, I was looking around a bit....and while this won't work for you...it's freaking awesome!!!

Tattoo-19-the-most-ironic-tattoo.jpg

okay, that is freaking awesome!!!
  • mike737
    Options

Tattoo-19-the-most-ironic-tattoo.jpg[\IMG]

F**king lol'd
  • joehempel
    Options
    I don't know what the heck is going on with my IMG tags....I can't get it to work either way...maybe lowercase?
  • hstallings13
    Options
    yeah just drop the IMG to lowercase and it works
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You should get the line from Leviticus 19:28 which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    I made it to ONEderland more than a week ago and I keep losing... I want to celebrate with a new tattoo. :smile: Wanna help me pick it out? Pretty easy criteria: must have a Christian meaning. I'm thinking about a script tat across the upper back or maybe tribal on my left shoulder. I might consider something on the chest if I can get it on the upper chest/top of shoulder area.

Anyone? Have at it!
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    That is a GREAT tat! Love it!!! LOL!
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Yutes.....I love that movie. Marissa Tome(sp) was great. :laugh:
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    You should get the line from Leviticus 19:28 which says, "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."
    Why did I have a feeling that verse was going to pop up here? :wink: I won't argue with you but please understand the context of this verse. Also, consider it as OT law as opposed to NT grace. I can pull out a laundry list of things the OT forbids, things you do every day and not think twice about.

My left shoulder has an ambigram: JESUS right side up and SAVES upside down. People have asked me before what it says and lo and behold I have been able to share my faith with them. My right shoulder is the tribal lion (Tribe of Judah // Lion-lamb).

Thank you for sharing this verse though. I very much appreciate it.
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    Congratulations! You're the 1st person to comment on this! One of my favorite movie quotes! LOL
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Why did I have a feeling that verse was going to pop up here? :wink: I won't argue with you but please understand the context of this verse. Also, consider it as OT law as opposed to NT grace. I can pull out a laundry list of things the OT forbids, things you do every day and not think twice about.

My left shoulder has an ambigram: JESUS right side up and SAVES upside down. People have asked me before what it says and lo and behold I have been able to share my faith with them. My right shoulder is the tribal lion (Tribe of Judah // Lion-lamb).

Thank you for sharing this verse though. I very much appreciate it.

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, as an inkless atheist, to get your goat. lol

I think tats are effing rad. So, go get 'em, cowboy! Or some other such random catchphrase. Also, ambigrams rule.

I promise I won't get into the sheer lunacy and hypocrisy of the NT's hunt-and-peck interpretation here. :laugh: But, if you want to chat about it, you know where to find me. :tongue:
  • mochadamia
    Options
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me. :)
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, as an inkless atheist, to get your goat. lol

I think tats are effing rad. So, go get 'em, cowboy! Or some other such random catchphrase. Also, ambigrams rule.

I promise I won't get into the sheer lunacy and hypocrisy of the NT's hunt-and-peck interpretation here. :laugh: But, if you want to chat about it, you know where to find me. :tongue:
    LOL! Good one! You got me good! I'm a good sport about it... :laugh: I didn't know that was your stance so I feel even more stupid than before! LOL!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Congratulations! You're the 1st person to comment on this! One of my favorite movie quotes! LOL

That's where it's from!! My Cousin Vinny!!! Love that show....I knew the quote but couldn't place the movie...for what ever reason I was leaning towards Blues Brothers LOL.
  • McKayMachina
    Options

LOL! Good one! You got me good! I'm a good sport about it... :laugh: I didn't know that was your stance so I feel even more stupid than before! LOL!

Don't feel stupid at all! And, you're right, you are a good sport. :drinker:
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    Don't feel stupid at all! And, you're right, you are a good sport. :drinker:
    Hey! Don't tell me how to feel!! :laugh: :wink:: :bigsmile: Now go find me a tattoo! LOL
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    :laugh:

Isn't there a line in Timothy about women just shutting up and doing as they're told?

:tongue:
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    :laugh:

Isn't there a line in Timothy about women just shutting up and doing as they're told?

:tongue:
    "women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says." 1 Cor 14:34 (NIV). You want me to get THAT tattoed on my back? Really?

:wink:
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    How about one of these?

“Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” ~ Matthew 4:4

“The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” ~ Romans 14:17

If I were to get one scriptural/Christian based, one of those would be it. I have 2 tats now - a horse running against a mountain range on my right shoulder blade and one in Tengwar script on my ankle (Tengwar is the Elvish script from Lord of the Rings - it says "Michael Megan I love you". Michael and Megan are my kids, and Michael is also my husband's name.

When I hit my goal, I am getting how much weight I lost on the inside of my wrist to remind me I never want to go back there and how far I have come.