Favorite Low Calorie - Energy Drinks ?

Options
I need something to replace my coffee - and my unhealthy red bull

Replies

• chiocca222
    chiocca222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Jocko "GO". It takes some adjusting to taste wise because of the ingredients are good and not junk. It has the same amount of caffeine as an average coffee.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Celsius is good. Not super speedy or strong but a nice little bump
  • dgreen769
    dgreen769 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can buy unflavored pure caffeine powder weigh it out with a scale and put it in what you like and adjust as needed
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,228 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to replace your coffee?

Plain coffee has almost no calories. Buy high-quality beans. Grind right before you make the coffee. Use 55 grams per liter of coffee. I make pour-over one serving at a time into a 16 ounce mug, so I use 24-25 grams of beans. I pour some plain water through the filter first to rinse out any stray fibers, pre-heat the mug with boiling water, then take the water off the stove for a moment to let it cool down to 200 degrees before slowly pouring it over the grounds. It's delicious.
  • STRAITBUGGIN
    STRAITBUGGIN Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Reignbow Sherbert - probably not a healthy alternative but tastes great
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    You could try pure coffee with cardamom from an Arab shop for example. No calories, still taste.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Try NOCCO - has caffeine, vitamins no carbs, low calorie - a load of lifters swear by it. It’s fizzy so I personally can’t drink it when working out but it has a huge following in the weightlifting and powerlifting world.
  • lizabellarose1234
    lizabellarose1234 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Celsius is good. Not super speedy or strong but a nice little bump

I have seen this on Walmart and that was going to be on my next order
  • lizabellarose1234
    lizabellarose1234 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Why are you trying to replace your coffee?

Plain coffee has almost no calories. Buy high-quality beans. Grind right before you make the coffee. Use 55 grams per liter of coffee. I make pour-over one serving at a time into a 16 ounce mug, so I use 24-25 grams of beans. I pour some plain water through the filter first to rinse out any stray fibers, pre-heat the mug with boiling water, then take the water off the stove for a moment to let it cool down to 200 degrees before slowly pouring it over the grounds. It's delicious.

I don't like Coffee Honestly - I have to have ton of Creamer in it for me to like it -- so thats ton of calories and sugar.. i just need something simpler
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I’ll be lurking on this thread as I have the same question lol. I love coffee but have a hard time doing it black, and I’m looking to shave calories off where I can.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,228 Member
    Options
    Then try tea. I love tea. It has a vast array of flavors depending on the type you select.

Another viable option is to wean yourself off caffeine completely. You don't need it. It is an addiction, so there will be withdrawal. It is a very benign addiction though. It has few if any bad side effects unless you use too much. Coffee has been correlated with some good health measures, so there's that. Green tea has too. Coffee also has been correlated with some bad effects - the caffestol is linked to high blood pressure. You can eliminate that with paper filters. Coffee has been correlated with a slight increase in athletic and cognitive performance. If you don't LIKE coffee, maybe you can give that part up. Of just switch to tea.

Get loose leaf tea of high quality. You can make more than one cup with loose leaf tea, unlike tea bags. For green tea, I like Sencha and Jasmine. Sometimes I'll drink some Gunpowder. For black tea, I like Assam or Darjeeling.