Oxempic user for 4 months with no weight loss

Options
Hello
I am completely disheartened. I have been using Ozempic since September and I have had no weight loss. I read so many inspiring stories about how easy it is and that these people have virtually no appetite and I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. I am on the highest dose 1ml and I have no side effects and I am just as hungry as before taking the perception. I am seeing my Doctor this Thursday to figure out what is wrong with me. I told him about the lack of success and he said that all his other patients experience tremendous success. I will let you all know what he recommends. Anyone else experienced something similar?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    The first Google hit about this says 14% either don't respond to the drug or have to quit because of side effects.
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am completely disheartened. I have been using Ozempic since September and I have had no weight loss. I read so many inspiring stories about how easy it is and that these people have virtually no appetite and I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. I am on the highest dose 1ml and I have no side effects and I am just as hungry as before taking the perception. I am seeing my Doctor this Thursday to figure out what is wrong with me. I told him about the lack of success and he said that all his other patients experience tremendous success. I will let you all know what he recommends. Anyone else experienced something similar?

Although MOST people respond to it, not everyone does. I'm sorry.

The drug trials were over 1 year. You may need to give it another month or two.

Some things to check
    • Are you taking it consistently on the same schedule? Not skipping or moving around your dosing schedule.
    • Are you constipated? Some people get 'backed up' on this drug.
    • Do you have an underlying health condition?
    • Have you lowered your fat intake in your daily diet on Ozempic?

Talking to your doctor is good. He maybe able to find the issue.

• pinkluvr98
    pinkluvr98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also didn’t respond to ozempic. Was just as hungry and was at the max dose. I switched to Mounjaro two weeks ago and I think it’s better, but we shall see
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I have been on it 11 months. It does nothing at this point to curb my appetite. I still take it though for my diabetes. The doctor doesn’t want me to stop taking it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Eating is a habitual behavior and as mentioned while the drug can affect hormones in your body, it doesn't affect how you think. If you're in a habit of wanting to eat at certain times, boredom, stress etc., you need to work on changing the habit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've read the drug does affect how you think, in that it inhibits not only appetite (for most), but also inhibits cravings for non-food desires too.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    During weight loss and even now I have to examine why I’m eating. For me sometimes it was a subconscious reaction to stress that was causing the perception of hunger.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    edited January 30
    Options
    It's really not that well understood. There are a few other hormones and signaling as well, which may make a difference in the overall effect. But again there would need to be a few more well powered studies to figure this stuff out.

It could be that the foods you eating are effecting this as well and maybe try changing up some of the foods your eating. It's pretty well common knowledge in the nutritional field that whole foods when replacing refined foods, specifically refined carbs and sugar especially if your getting most of your energy from carbs that the effect does increase satiety for most people, but not all, so maybe something like a Med diet or the DASH diet and of course a low carb or ketogenic diet helps curb appetite, maybe look at what your eating and possibly incorporate a different stategy. I would also recommend that you focus on protein and get at least .8-1 g's per lb of your desired weight or lean mass if you know that number.