Looking for friends in this journey :)

Options
It is my first week here looking to make some friends for support on our journey. :)
My goal is to fir into a two piece bikini by next summer.

Replies

• chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!
    You can add me.
  • lsgabba
    lsgabba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this is where I should post this. I have been using fitness pal for about a year just to track my weight loss. Never used any of the other features. I began my weight loss journey about 2yrs. ago and 284lbs. I final decided that I was not going to be heavy anymore. I was helping my daughter with the pregnancy of our first grand child and I wanted to be able to play and take walks with our new grandchild. Just overall give him a fun and exciting childhood as he grew upl

I finally got up a nerve to join my local gym, took every ounce of me to walk in there. I joined with my other daughter and began the journey. She and I purchased a package to have a trainer. We did this for several months and then my daughter decided she was bored and quit. So that being said I have lost 81lbs. and am feeling great. And then WHAM!!!

Blindsided. A week ago after my husband of almost 30 yrs. came home from a business trip, he asked for a divroce. He has been cheating on me...WOW, now where do I go from here! I know that for me I have to continue. But, now I guess I am asking for support from people I don't even know but are feeling most of the same thoughts I have regarding this hard weight loss journey.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome To MFP , Glad your making a great choice starting a new heathly journey!! I'm Robert pleasure to me!! If you would like to add me to your friends list. Have a great Weekend:
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss but such a sad story lsgabba. But we are all here to support each other. I am open to any new friends so you can add me as we all go thru our struggles together.
  • lsgabba
    Options
    Thanks! I have added you as a friend. Well its been almost weeks since my life got turned upside down. I haven't been eating right and my weight loss has come to a major halt. I am still exercising and trying to eat but my heart is not helping me. It is broken...
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    u coudl do this!!!
  • daves160
    Options
    Hi this site is the best for support encouragement and motivation. Best of luck to you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/daves160
  • lsgabba
    Options
    Thanks!! I have just got to keep my chin up. You know its real hard after 30 yrs. of good memories and some not so good ones to find myself. But with support I'll get there.. Some day he will realize what he lost..
  • g0rg0ri
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I recently join the site and so far so good.

Kind and warmest regards